The Greendale Thirteen

Dude I wrote most of this at like 4 in the morning. So, sorry for any errors

-

Why would you look at the time? It's almost midnight. Very nearly the witching hour. 

Time enough for one more story about the Spellman sisters, as they both take one more step toward the Dark Lord's prophecy. It's a wonder anyone in Greendale was surprised by what occurred the night of the "storm." 

All the signs were there. If you knew where to look. 

A dead bird brought in by a cat. 

A spilled bottle of black ink. 

A loaf of bread split clean down the middle. 

A broken mirror in an empty room. 

A blind woman knitting her own death shroud, aware of the threat that approaches. 

Now, I can't tell you how disappointed I was to see Y/N and Sabrina's friends rally around her. Despite my every manipulation, despite all they had learned about her, they still stood beside them. 

The Dark Lord was growing impatient with me. I needed to change tactics, introduce a threat...to Greendale that would compel the girls to make certain choices that would, in turn...force them to separate from those mortal friends of hers. As for the threat, I had an idea or two...

or thirteen. 

-

I sat at the kitchen counter reading The Handmaiden's Tale while petting Casper on my right. The book started getting gorier and I started reading faster, out of excitement. I couldn't exactly stomach anything to eat right now after the last few days, but I enjoyed sitting at the counter. Seeing if Sabrina was able to stomach going to school today. 

I hadn't woken her up before I went downstairs, I could understand why she wanted to stay in bed. Zelda walked in reading her daily newspaper when her spoon fell from her saucer, making Casper get up and start licking the spoon. "Blast it," She cursed. "Someone's having a baby," Hilda commented. I snorted while reading, "What in Satan's name are you on about Hilda?" "You know the saying, 'a spoon falls, a baby calls,'" She explained. "Probably Lady Blackwoods," I commented and sipped my coffee while Zelda looked between Auntie Hilda and myself. 

"Kindly spare me any old wives tales, sister," She went back to stirring her tea with a new spoon. "Lady Blackwood has barely started her first trimester, niece. It'll be ages yet. Where's Sabrina? Y/N? Ambrose?" I answered before he could. "She's in our room, laying in bed," I put a bookmark in my book and checked the time. 

Was I hurting? Yes. Harvey said some pretty hurtful stuff, not to my face but about me. But, I wasn't Harvey's girlfriend- ex-girlfriend. I was very close with Harvey, but not as close as Sabrina was with him. I didn't feel like I had the right to stay in bed and cry, Sabrina had more of a reason too than I did. "Still? It's been days." 

"Aunt Zee, considering what her and I have been through the past few days-" "I know exactly what she's been through, niece. I was there to pick up the pieces, wasn't I?" I mean, sure yeah...kinda. "And...she has school. People will start to talk," I doubt it. We're not exactly popular. But, I bit my tongue as Aunt Hilda brought out a little jar of something. "...a balm, for her broken heart. I'm gonna take it up to-" "No, I will." Zelda snatched it from her hands and I stood up and snatched it from hers. 

I knew Aunt Zelda would be more demanding than caring so I thought I should go up with her. "We both will," I turned on my heel and didn't wait to see her reaction as I went up the stairs to our room.