Final Results

Y/N's POV: 

Y/N's POV: 

I walked to school a bit later than Sabrina and Harvey, mainly because they wanted to have some time together again so I let them be since I, frankly, had little interest in what they were doing. I got to school and walked into the library with Sabrina, and Susie comforting Ros by the fireplace. I quickly walked over in fear of what happened, "Hey, what's going on guys?" I said quickly putting my bag down, Sabrina was sitting across from me and Susie was sitting next to Ros. "We both got called into Principal Hawthorne's office because he has some news on the book banning-" Susie was cut off by Ros angrily.

"The PTA said they would hold a town hall meeting, where we could present our case to the school board," Ros said angrily. "Okay...isn't that good?" I asked confused. "In three months," Ros added slowly and angrily. "Ok, well, three weeks, three months, even if it takes three whole years, Roz, we're gonna make them understand," Sabrina reassured. "That's what I said," Susie said and we all nodded in agreement. "Yeah. Yeah, no. I know. Three months is not that long." Ros said laughing a bit in sadness. "Ros, what's going on?" I asked concerned as Sabrina came and sat next to her. 

Roz started crying again, "I'm sorry." She said with her head in her hands. "I'm always trying to do what my dad said, 'Pray and face it bravely.' That's his solution for everything." She said her voice cracking a little from crying. "But prayer's not gonna stop it." She said bringing her face to her hands again. "Stop what, Roz?" I asked again. She took her glasses off and played with them in her hands, "Myopic atrophy." She said nodding like we knew what that was. 

"What's that?" I asked still sitting across from her. "Dr Spector says that...in about three months...maybe less," She said her voice cracking again since she was crying again and I put my hand on her arm in concern. "The ugliest, thickest, glasses in the universe aren't gonna stop me from going completely blind..." She said looking at her glasses again. "Oh, Roz," I said coming going to sit on the coffee table in front of them to look at her. She scoffed with tears coming down her face, "You know, I even counted how many books, I could realistically read before it's too late. That's why every single one counts." She said her voice cracking again from new tears coming down her face. "Roz," I said softly going to hug her as well as Sabrina and Susie. 

-

It was about an hour later after Roz told us about Dr Spector's diagnosis. She said she wanted to be alone so we left to respect her wishes and leave her alone. I went to my locker to get my notebook for art class. "Hey, so I've made my decision on Blackwood's exam," Sabrina said opening her locker as well. "Good. Because so have I." I said looking at her quickly. "I'm not taking the exam." Sabrina and I said at the same time. "Okay, good. But what made you be so certain?" I asked her as the warning bell rang to say we had two minutes to get to our class. God, I hate that bell. "This morning, as Harvey and I were walking to school, and I had him check me for a birthmark/witch mark on me." She said closing her locker to look at me since we had the same class this period she always left with me.