Love You Forever, Be With You Never

Here, have some angst.

Tord

Tears clouded my vision as my feet continued to pound down the sidewalk.

He didn't love me. I could see it in his face.

I was near my final destination, and the dark clouds above decided to cry along with me.

Things would never be the same between him and I. Every time I would look at him, there would be nothing but pain.

The bridge was just up ahead, I had to keep moving.

All of the happy memories we had together popped into my head. The visions of us laughing together and being there for one another. And I thought that we had some kind of connection. I thought that he felt the same way.

But when I said those three words, I immediately knew by the way his face turned to pity that he felt otherwise.

As soon as I arrived, I pulled the note out of my pocket, being careful not to disturb the heavy rocks that I had picked from the garden that sat with it, stretching my pocket out.

I took off my shoes and went to place the note inside, taking one last glimpse at the city behind me, I hoped that he would forgive me for being so stupid.

It was then that I heard the shouts of my once beloved in the distance.

"Tord!"

I climbed over the railing before he could get to me, and I looked at the rocky shore beneath me, the waves inviting me to join them.

He wasn't as far away now. Gasping for air, he called out to me once again.

"Please, Tord. You don't understand."

"I don't understand what? That you obviously don't feel the same things that I felt?" I stepped closer to the edge. "Things will never be the same between us. Every time I look at you, I will feel the same pain in my heart as the pain I'm feeling right now."

The rain started to pick up now, partially blinding me. "Make sure the others understand why I left this miserable world."

"No, Tord-"

"It's too late now. I wish things could've been different between us."

I felt the wind whipping through my messy, tangled hair as the tears finally fell.

I knew it was time.

My back to the ocean, I watched him try to get to me in time, but he wasn't gonna make it.

I began to lean out off of the edge as gravity took over, my lips only able to muster one sentence before plummeting into the sea:

"Goodbye, my love."

Tom

He's gone..

I keep trying to do cpr on his lifeless and severely battered body.

He can't be gone...

The faint noise of ambulances can be heard getting louder as I try to speak to my beloved.

"They're almost here, baby. Please wake up!" I cried, trying to quicken my chest compressions.

I couldn't feel a heartbeat.

I had jumped off the bridge after him in hopes of being able to save him. But unlike me, who hit the water, he hit the rocks.

I gave up, knowing that he wasn't going to come back.

I shivered with cold, but I didn't care if I froze to death or not.

Rocks had fallen out of his pocket when he hit the ground, but I had just noticed the note right next to him.

It read:

My beloved Thomas,

I've known you since I was 17. When I first met you, I fell in love with you in an instant. Though you couldn't see it, I adored you in every way possible. I could always count on you to make me smile when I needed it the most. Every time I'd be with you, butterflies would dance around in my stomach. I know this seems toxic and cliché and all, but I even dreamed of us being together and having a family someday.

You're probably gonna think that I was selfish for ending my life because someone I loved with my entire being didn't love me back. But to be honest, I just couldn't see myself with anyone else. The pain was too much for me to handle after seeing what you truly felt about me, and I think that I've permanently ruined a beautiful friendship because my heart felt other emotions.

Again, I'm sorry for putting you through this rollercoaster of events. Please tell the others that this wasn't their fault either. I couldn't bear telling them that I was no longer going to live amongst them, let alone see the visible grief on their faces. Let them know that the three of you were the greatest friends I could've ever asked for.

Even though you don't love me, I just wanted to say this final message:

My love is forever, but I'll be with you never.

Love, Tord.

"Oh, Tord." I whisper, cupping his cold cheek. "I've always loved you, but my face betrayed me." I held back a sob. "I was just thinking about what the others would say, even though I was sure they would welcome it."

I curled up next to his body, crying into his sweatshirt before eventually kissing his cold, dead lips and whispering against them:

"My love is forever, but I'll be with you never."

Thank you, shyc0bain for the inspiration behind this one-shot (and basically the inspiration to continue this book because of your one-shot book with your consistent updates)

BIG update for this mess of a book, I'm changing it to a one-shot book because I mentally can't write smut without cringing at it.

So yeah, I hope you guys enjoyed and see you whenever.

Author-chan out ✌️