Epilogue

The songs of birds peaked through the windows of the hospital and as Eijiro walks from his room, a somber expression is pressed onto his bandage-covered features.

There's a slight limp in his step due to some concrete slamming onto his calf and nearly crushing it but he continued walking throughout the pristine white walls the building provided.

The halls had a few stray people walking about and passing him without so much as a glance—some were nurses and others were people coming to see if their family members had made it.

But Eijiro couldn't bother to pay much mind to the few he limped by, his crimson gaze just continuing to stay trained on the floor.

"Kirishima?" A voice wonders, pulling his attention upwards and causing him to meet Uraraka's brown eyes—the hero had been chattering away with some people that had stopped her to thank her for saving them.

And Eijiro clears his throat, offering a nod towards the brunettes.

Her expression softened slightly when he didn't respond and she bids the civilians goodbye—her figure moving to walk alongside the limping man as she gave him a worried look.

"How.. Are you feeling?" She starts slowly, having heard of what happened during the chaos and just wanting to check in on her friend.

With a slow glance in her direction, Eijiro showcased a sharp-toothed grin "I'm.. Good, I'm okay." He breathes out and Uraraka nods, not wanting to press any further.

"Well, Tsu's running the kitchen downstairs, so if you're hungry, I can grab you some dinner later?" She offers, her kind brown eyes watching the redhead as he nodded again.

She figured that with the limp, it'd be hard for him to get the food. And when Eijiro's steps finally came to a stop, the brunette took that as her cue to leave him be.

"I'll see you later." Was her parting words as she walked off to check on a familiar dark green haired boy—who had to be strapped down to a bed in the hospital because despite claiming to be okay..

He had shattered nearly every bone in his body.

Watching his friend walk off for a moment, Eijiro finally let out a sigh before he turned into a room where the curtains of a window allowed light to enter.

It should've been obvious from the start.

As he walked further into the clean room—his tired eyes stayed trained on the glass separating him from the outside world.

"..It's a little stuffy in here, isn't it?" The redhead wonders to himself, limping as he moved over to the sill and reached up—opening the window.

The prophecy had always been right, I was destined to die.

I smile up at him, taking in a breath of the fresh air Spring had gladly provided. Everything felt so new but the warmth in my chest resided much longer than any other feelings of uncertainty.

But not on this day.

...

The sounds of music played beautifully throughout the realm, the happy voices of crowds shouting and dancing along being prominent in the air.

With the many rebuilt bridges connecting the houses between trees together—confetti rained from the baskets many of the kids happily threw.

"Remember our first dance?" "And you stepped on my feet?" I tease—a smile breaking out on my features as Eijiro shakes his head in embarrassment.

"Please don't remind me," His shoulders slouch slightly as he moves to stand from the table we had been eating at.

With our joined hands, Eijiro lightly leads me to my feet—causing the confetti that had landed on his hair beforehand to fling off with his movement.

"Come on," He beams, tugging me into the crowd and causing a short gasp of surprise to fall past my lips as I stumble with his sudden action.

Home is that one place where you're happy.

I laughed as he raised one of my hands above my head—letting me spin into him so my free hand comes to rest on his shoulder.

As I look up, his own shark-like smile met mine.

It's a setting where you know you're right where you should be.

Before I could spin back out, he hooked an arm around my waist—lifting me into the air as we both spun again, our voices laughing joyously throughout the moment.

And when he slows to a stop, his sturdy arms are still holding me up so I could stare down at him.

With a sigh of content, I lean down—pressing my forehead to his.

Find it, you can search the world to find where you're happy,

My chest warms as I stared into those beautiful crimson eyes—right before they closed and he tilted his head up for a kiss that I gladly melted into.

'Cause I'm happy to call his warmth: Home.