Chapter Fifteen

—First Person POV.—

It's not long before the bustle of the camp bursts to life once again, soldiers moving about to get ready for the day and chat with their comrades during this time of preparation.

And after my encounter with the redhead earlier, I finish getting ready long before I'm finally disturbed "Lady (Y/n)?" A different voice calls.

After a few seconds, I'm at the curtain doors— Patting down my dress before reaching out and brushing one of the double flaps to the side.

Outside, I am met with my two other guards, their whispering argument coming to a swift halt once they realize I was looking at them.

"Hello, soldiers." I greet the two, keeping the formalities I had dropped with Kirishima when I speak to them.

They turn away from each other, sending one final look of a glare in their comrades directions before the black haired one: Sero, starts up "Hey! I'm here to escort you, Lady (Y/n)."

I pause when the blondes head instantly snaps in his partners direction, a look of complete offense flashing over his features as I nod towards Sero.

"Alright, what will Denki be doing?" I wonder, internally questioning why the blonde had looked so distraught and betrayed—

"He will be packing up the tent and all of your belongings, by himself, My Lady." The dark haired soldier smirks, emphasizing his words and sending a side-eye towards the glaring blonde.

"..Alright." I blink at their interaction— Pulling the attention of both of the soldiers back to me as I step out and pass by to head in the direction of the wood line.

It's not even a second before Sero moves to follow me, now ignoring his comrade and leading me off into the forest with ease.

The sun is bright as it pokes through the leaves above, small flickers of its rays passing over my skin as we trot further in silence that the birds and other wild life gladly fill.

"Lovely day isn't it, Soldier?" I start off, my eyes trailing off along the trees in hopes I'd catch sight of a deer or venturing squirrel.

Out of the corner of my eyes I see Sero tilt his head in my direction, a sort of shock in his gaze towards my small question— Or maybe it was more so that I was actually talking to him in the first place.

"Yes, My Lady." He answers swiftly— Almost robotically before fixing his head to look forward again, making sure we're on the right track before clearing his throat.

"Forgive me for asking," It's his turn to start now, a hint of nervousness in his vocals as I glance his way "But I saw you looking over our main map yesterday." He comments and I nod.

"I'd assume you'd know just how much longer we'd be traveling for? Lady (Y/n)." He says my title right after his question, alerting me that he was done talking and now waiting for me to answer.

"Yes, that is correct, Soldier." I reply, referring to his first comment "We would've gotten there later today if it weren't for the minor hiccup yesterday that cost is one day of travel." I explain briefly and he nods.

His brows raise slightly— A small hint of surprise in his expression once he hears my information.

"But there is an actual road coming up, with open valleys that circle around the kingdom." I continue, going over what I had seen "So if we hurry— I believe we should get there some time tomorrow." 

"That's great," He sighs lightly, causing me to cock an eyebrow up in questioning towards his action "Can't wait to finally get some rest, you know?" He asks as he glances over to me.