Chapter Ten

Thank you for voting Nathoink !!

—First Person POV.—

The bustle from outside of my carriage is what wakes me, a yawn brushing past my lips as I push myself up to get ready for another day of sitting in a carriage and traveling.

Fun.

I can't help the grumble that escapes as I idly run my hands through my hair— Detangling as much as possible before just calling it a day and giving up.

Poking my head through the entrance of my tent, I look around in confusion towards the multitude of soldiers passing by— My being nearly jumping out of my skin when a loud, severely audible snore sounds off to my right.

Kirishima sits on one of the wooden benches, arms crossed over his chest with his head tilted downwards— And as another snore flutters past his opened mouth, I can't help but snort at the sight.

—Third Person POV.—

"Hey! You better not still be sleeping in there!!" A voice angrily shouts— Forcing the blondes eyes to snap open as he sat up and scrambled to escape his sleeping bag.

"I'm not, I'm awake!" He defends, black spots appearing in his vision from standing too quickly and nearly falling over as he hurriedly fixed his attire and stumbled out of the tent.

With clear bed head, Denki looks around— Sending a nervous smile and wave towards the other soldier that had yelled at him, causing the man to roll his eyes.

"Make sure you get all packed up, we're leaving in a bit." He informs, gaze catching on to a small group lingering near the snuffed out bonfire from the night before.

"Yes sir.." Denki's voice breathes a sigh, slouching his posture before turning to his tent.

Running his hands through his short hair in an attempt to detangle the mess— He moved on to packing up, folding all of his stuff together before slinging the bag over his shoulder and heading off.

Most of the camp had already been packed up from the looks of it— Everyone already heading off to throw everything into their respective wagons to leave.

And with a short walk through the woods, the soldier makes it, tossing his bag into the storage part before using his hands off.

"Wait, Denki?" Someone questions behind the blonde, his body turning to meet the owner of the voice with an equal amount of confusion.

"Uh, Sero?" He answers, earning a still completely confused and slight panicky look from the dark haired soldier "What are you doing here? Where's the noble?"

With furrowed brows, Denki blinked, now more confused as ever towards Sero's freaked out words "What do you mean 'where's the noble'— Wasn't it your shift to guard her?" He argues.

"No, we switched our schedule because Kirishima wanted to take the first shift—" And after a pause, the two made eye contact before snapping their heads in the direction of the camp.

—And bolting off.

"What if she got attacked in the middle of the night??" Sero calls as he ducks under a tree branch with Denki in tow.

"If something like that happened I'm telling them it was your shift!" The blonde argues, gaining a glare from his comrade "You wouldn't!" "I would!"

—First Person POV.—

"Kirishima!" I whisper-shout, poking the soldiers cheek with my index finger.

Right now, he lay soundly— On the floor, still snoring away as if this was a vacation and he wouldn't get in trouble if he's caught sleeping on the job.