Chapter Thirty-Seven

—First Person POV.—

The door to our room clicks as the knob turns—my head tilting upwards from the book I had been reading to see Kirishima enter.

His gaze glances up for a moment to meet mine before he's fully stepping in and closing the door behind his figure with a light push.

The door clicks shut once more and he offers an almost nervous wave my way "Hey (Y/n)," The redheads voice starts with a light smile on his lips.

"Eijiro," I reply with the slight nod of my head—my eyes glancing up from my book when he moves to stand at my bedside with a slight tense in his step.

"Your hair looks nice." I note and he nods in agreement, clearing his throat as he stands before me—his brows slightly furrowed.

Watching him, my hands idly close the book and the small noise it makes seems to enhance the silence between us as I raise a brow in questioning towards his guilt-filled eyes.

"Is there something wrong?" I wonder and he snaps away from his thoughts with the short blink of his eyes.

Eijiro hesitates for a moment "I think we should.. Talk." He says and watches as I nod in understanding—pushing myself up from the bed to go put away my book.

"About what?" I inquire as I walk past him to the bookshelf provided with the temporary room.

"Uraraka said she saw you talking with Tsu," he starts and pauses when I turn to look at him again, his eyes are averted away as if he was contemplating his next words.

"Did she.. Say anything?" Eijiro wonders as he watches me trot back over to the bed to sit down—letting my legs hang off the side.

"Yes, she did, actually." I recall with the nod of my head and he tenses further.

"What'd she—" "Before you ask, I want you to tell me what you think she might've told me." I cut lightly, my hands resting calmly in my lap.

He didn't move to sit down on the bed with me—instead choosing to stay standing as he stares, his knitted brows showcasing his tensed body while our eyes locked.

Then Eijiro takes a step closer, his stature leaning down as he moved to sit on his knees along the wooden floorboard before me

"You know now, don't you." His voice is quiet, almost as if he was saying it to himself. I solidify the information with a nod and my silence eggs him to speak up.

"I didn't mean to keep it a secret for so long— I wanted to tell you so many times.." His voice is filled with guilt as it trails off, eyes averting away to the floor.

"Then why didn't you?" I ask, staring down at him.

"Because every time I wanted to, I looked at you and I just— I'd think about how you'd react, I didn't want to think.. That I could lose you." Eijiro admits and I shake my head.

"I don't mean to condemn you for being scared but trying to keep secrets from me, especially something as big as this, do you think that's fair?" I inquire and he quickly looks up to me with crimson eyes of shame.

"I didn't—" He starts and stops, his mouth closing and hiding away his sharp teeth as we stare at each other "No, it's not fair to you..."

I watch him for a few more seconds before a sigh escapes my lips.

"Before Tsu said anything, I knew." I state and his eyes widen slightly in confusion "I knew about it for a while now, actually." I inform before letting that sentence sink in.

"You— What?" His voice utters, surprise overtaking his features as I nod once more "I figured it out after thinking over how the entire attack played out." I explain briefly and he stays quiet, waiting.