Chapter Eighteen

Thank you for voting ennolo93 !!
—First Person POV.—

After my warm bath, the two had helped me dry off before moving out here to dry my hair and help pick out my jewelry and clothes for the event.

Asui trots on over from my temporary closet, holding two different dresses in her hands that very much did not belong to me.

"Oh, did the King provide extra dresses?" I wonder, confusion set in my words as the two glance towards the dresses before nodding in sync.

"Yes, actually, one is for tonight and the other is for tomorrow's hearing!" Mina beams suddenly as I set my brush down and give the clothes a pointed stare.

"That is.. Lovely, I need to remember to give him my thanks later." I slowly speak as my eyes trail over the fabric— Beautiful and obviously expensive.

"I guess I'll use this one for the hearing then," I pick, pointing towards the one on the right before standing to approach the two as Mina grabs the extra one and walks back off to the closet to return it.

"Wait, how did you two know about the hearing?" I pause, brows furrowing in questioning when Mina returns to the green haired maids side.

"What?" Her eyes widen slightly, a bead of sweat forming on her temple as they both shifted nervously.

"Isn't that classified information?" I wonder and she chuckles— A sheepish expression on her features as she glanced towards her friend again.

"..Actually, the head Maid let us know beforehand because we're the ones helping you get ready, Kero." The dark haired maid briefly explains— Causing me to nod slightly towards the information.

I guess.. That makes sense?

"But obviously we don't know a bunch! So you should just tell us about it— Since it sounds so interesting!" Mina smiles, her yellow irises flickering over mine with her words.

I couldn't help but laugh lightly, pulling the dress from Asui's grasp to start getting dressed after tossing my towel.

"It's just a hearing between the King's court and me, nothing too big." I state vaguely as I pull the dress on and the straps over my shoulders "Plus, why are you so interested in it anyways?"

"There's nothing interesting going on around here." The pinkette groans dramatically while Asui starts tugging at the back straps of my corset "We'd just love to hear some new.. Tea, that's all, to cure our boredom."

I watch her for a moment, taking in her expression before glancing away in thought.

I mean, what's the worst that could happen? They're just maids, of course.

"Promise you won't turn this into gossip with your other maid friends?" I raise a brow skeptically and she swiftly nods before bringing her hand up to make a 'zipped' mouth gesture before 'throwing away the key' victoriously.

I snicker toward the action, her words and gestures easily winning me over as I leaned in slightly to spill the beans on what time the meeting will be held.

Of course I left out the war part and fed them enough tea to keep the two satisfied while we finished getting me ready.

—Time Skip.—

The lock on the door clicks before being pushed open, revealing the hallway outside as I walk out "Thank you, Asui." I address the short maid holding the door open for me.

From the corner of my eye, I catch her short, nearly subtle nod as her large eyes follow me and I hear a click from the door closing.

It isn't long before I catch sight of Kirishima, hurrying down the hall to stand before me— In formal attire knights usually wear..