v ~ Killing a Snake Lady

Start from the beginning

"Your both worth a lot. Your powers and skills are really useful. Annabeth's smart and that's good too."

Cassie smirked at his wording, waiting for a good time to tell Annabeth.

"You're pretty good with that knife."
Percy complimented.

"You think so?" Annabeth was surprised by the praise.

"Anybody who can piggyback-ride a Fury is okay by me." Percy confirmed.

Cassie watched as a small smile grew on the blonde's face. Cassie's smirk dropped but she quickly slapped herself.

'What the heck Cassie! What's wrong with you?!'

Annabeth looked up at her with concern before realizing her thoughts and also shaking them away. She turned back to Percy.

"You know, maybe I should tell you . . . Something funny back on the bus—"

Cassie found the right time to interrupt.

"Hey, Chase! Did you hear what Grover said."

Annabeth looked at her bored.

"He said that I'm 'really useful' and you are just 'good too'. I knew I was better." Cassie teased.

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say, idiot."

"Wow, she actually agreed with me." Cassie mocked surprised.

Percy laughed while Grover tooted his reed pipes.

"Hey, my reed pipes still work! If I could just remember a 'find path' song we could get out of these woods!"

It didn't work and next thing they knew, Percy smacked right into a tree.

Cassie burst out laughing as he rubbed his head. He glared at her and shoved her into a tree. Then Percy started laughing.

Cassie scowled and flipped her middle finger at him. Percy stuck his tongue out at her. Annabeth shook her head at the two.

They kept on going, following the light of a neon sign.

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

Eventually, the group came out of the woods and stood in front of a deserted road. Across the street was a closed gas station, a random billboard, and one open building.

A delicious scent came from the open window as the group stared. Surrounding the shop was a bunch of statues.

Percy couldn't read the sign. The neon red cursive letters didn't help his dyslexia. To him it looked like a scrabble of letters.

"What the heck does that say?" Percy questioned.

"I don't know." Annabeth replied.

Cassie shrugged. She could read but it was very slow. Five paragraphs a day slow.

"All I can make out is Me's or is that Em's. Maybe Se'm?" She said.