I did not give an excuse to have such doubts!

" I'm only friends with Minjaes's father, okay? Nothing happens between us. I swear."

I immediately explained to him and observed the momentarily changed emotions on her face.

Even the sharp color of regret seemed to enter the amber eyes. Although she
was not happy with her erroneous thoughts, she was not happy that she had reached the wrong conclusions.

"It's my fault," she whispered and returned to the dishes.

This time she was fighting back tears of regret instead of anger, and it was
visible.

"Mom, what are you talking about?" I asked timidly, confused by his emotions.

"Soobin and I took everything from you, my dear. Dream job, personal life. You are twenty-eight years old Gyeong. You should be thinking about relationships and starting a family, but instead, you are taking care of your elderly mother and sick sister. This is injustice. We become your burden. Who knows what would happen if your sister's accident..."

I interrupted the conversation, hurt by my mother's pain, with a strong hug.

"You are not a burden to me Mom," I whispered to reassure her and kissed
her on the cheek.

No matter what, they were part of my family. I couldn't ignore their plight.

"I'm worried about you, Gyeonga. The costs of Soobin's operation, our rent, and yours, are all on you. Only thinking about how many things are on your shoulders makes me sick. Because of us, you don't have time for your personal life. I wouldn't even
worry about it if I knew you didn't want to start a family."

Mom was right. I always wanted to have my family. I have been thinking
about this in recent years, but in exchange for the health of my sister and mother, I could throw this idea into the long run.

"Mom, everything will be back to normal soon, I promise."

If the Doctor, Taehyung could save Soobin from the attacks, it would be a relief for me and my mother too. A 60% chance might be a bit much for some, but it was a lifetime for us.

"Gyeong, my girl, I'm glad you're trying to cheer me up despite all the
pressure, but."

"My words aren't in vain, Mother. Minjae's father knows a doctor. He
gave Soobin's medical history to Mr. Kang, and he gave us a sixty percent chance of recovery.

"Are you saying it for real?" she asked me quizzically, surprised by what heard.

"That's right, Dr. Kand has even put patients like Soobin on their feet. If we try at least we can save Soobin from attacks.

"Oh my God, Gyeong." Mother, excited by the information I gave her, barely
let out a breath, the spark of hope that appeared for a moment almost made
her cry, but soon a new wave of disappointment swept over her face.

"We won't be able to do it," she muttered, exhausted of hope, and sat down on the chair like a punished child.

"All this will cost a lot of money. I'm
already a warrior about how much you're doing for us. I don't want to take on debts and make life more complicated." Mom saddened by the fate of her children, shook her head hopelessly and tried to put the charming offer out of her mind.

"Mom, this isn't the case." Disturbed by her pain, I quickly unwrapped it
and sat in front of my mother.

"I already told you, that Minjae's father is my friend. He took the finances on
himself. He will help us."