Happy Birthday Elisa

Elisa stretched and yawned, kicking covers off of her.  Fixing her twisted pajamas, she swung her legs over the side of the bed and ran a hand through her hair.  She grabbed her phone taking a peek at the time and any notifications she might have. 

There were several "Happy Birthday" texts from family and friends, which brought a slight smile to her face.  However, there was one text she was particularly looking for, from her crush, Giorno Giavanna.  His contact was pinned to the top of her messages, with a gorgeous picture of Giorno smiling up at her.  Clicking, she saw he had sent her a "Good morning" and one question: "When are you available to hang out today?"

Giddy, she typed her response, "Just woke up, will be ready whenever you are in about 30 minutes."

Hitting send, Elisa put her phone down and scuffed off to the shower.  She got ready as quickly as she could, excited to see what Giorno might have in mind.  As she got ready, her thoughts went to all the possibilities for the day.  However, her mind ran over one troubling thought, had he forgotten?  He actually didn't say 'Happy Birthday'.  Was this just a normal hang out with her bestie? 

A little crestfallen, she put the final touches on her look for the day, she picked up her phone.  She sighed with relief that she had gotten a response, "Will be there then."  She grinned, swinging her feet in happiness.  Grabbing her bag, sliding her phone into it, she went to wait in her living room.

As she was grabbing a water bottle to take, she heard knocking at the door.  She scurried out of the kitchen towards the door adjusting her clothes and fussing over her bangs before she swung the door open.

There he was, golden hair perfectly coiffed, immaculate suit showing off his well-toned chest, gorgeous eyes with a sparkle of good humor in them.  Giorno, like a perfect sculpture, graced her doorstep!

With a soft smile he asked, "Are you ready?"  Elisa nodded, grabbed her things and took his arm that he held out for her in a gentlemanly manner.  Still no birthday greeting!  She decided he definitely forgot.  It was a little disappointing, but this was still time spent with her favorite person.

"Where are we going?"  It just occurred to her that they were strolling, seemingly with purpose, but hadn't discussed what they were doing.  She had been so wrapped up in her thoughts and the happiness to see her best friend (and crush, don't forget) that she hadn't even thought about where they might go and what to do.

"You will see shortly, tesoro," he responded with a wink.  She felt a blush rise and hoped he didn't notice.  Could she be any more obvious?  She just nodded, not wanting to be awkward.

Making a few turns on their stroll, they stopped in front of a cafe.  The outdoor seating area was surrounded by a lattice covered in flowering vines.  Leading her into the courtyard area, Giorno took her to their seat, a white swing that would seat two.  More flowers and vines grew around and on the swing's legs. 

He returned shortly with two coffees and pastries.  Elisa happily swung and chattered with Giorno as they consumed their morning snacks. 

"Bellissima, you are positively radiant today!"  Giorno said as he leaned a bit closer, shifting in his seat. 

Elisa blushed and softly replied, "Gratzi."  She finished her coffee, leaning forward to place the cup on the small table to the side.  As she shifted back into her seat, she was delighted to feel his arm behind her.  As she settled back in, the arm draped over her shoulder, his strong hand rubbing her arm in a soothing manner.

She leaned into his shoulder and watched the birds flitting and singing amongst the flowers.  She sighed, wishing this beautiful moment would last forever.  The warmth of Giorno's body, the soft chilled breeze, the heavenly burst of flowers giving off gorgeous colors and scents: it was just so perfect!