32, Birthday Surprise

Was it fair saying, I hadn't seen any of my brothers the whole of today?

The time was already 4:30pm and I was currently seating down in my room watching a film but I was constantly disturbed thinking that I'm spending my 14th birthday alone dressed in my pyjamas and munching on M&Ms and Oreos.

This morning, Maria was busy having her last minute checks for her anniversary. The whole house was filled with all sort of stylist for nails, hair and clothes to get her and Casey all dressed up to impress.

I accidentally eavesdropped on a conversation and heard that the Genovese were invited. I hadn't seen Mabel for quite long now and I'm pretty sure that she didn't want to catch my sight after what happened with Jovie. Like it was my fault.

I had intentionally locked myself in my room away from the craziness going on outside there. I highly expected the brothers to burst into my room, singing me a happy birthday song this morning but I just remembered what I said yesterday and facepalmed myself at my silly thought.

P.S. Choose your words wisely.

When I meant I didn't want to celebrate my birthday, I didn't mean that I wanted to be alone for the whole of today. They had taken my words too seriously and went overboard that no one had bothered to tell me even a small 'happy birthday'.

A knock echoed in my empty room and I half expected to see one of my family members but was met with the smile of a maid and two other people.

"Good evening, Kara. Happy birthday" she beamed.

"Thank you" I said, happy that she had at least remembered and wish me a happy birthday unlike my brothers.

"We were ordered to get you ready" she said, stepping in. The first woman held a black dress coverage bag and the other held some makeup suitcase.

"Why?" I deadpanned before I releasing that I was still in my pyjamas at such a time.

None of them replied, playing their games well.

"First, you will take another bath"

There it goes...

*****

I couldn't recognise myself when Kim, the hair and make-up stylist finished up with whatsoever she was doing. I was dressed in a black ruffle strapless mini dress with a Bow&Faux pearl decor satin chunky heeled ankle strap sandals with Cartier diamond viper rings, watch and necklace and butterfly dangle circle hoop earrings.

My makeup was light with a feline eyeliner and nude lip gloss. My hair was back in its defined deep frizzy curls and dyed in a burgundy tiny perm rod sets.

"Ok..." My guess was the wedding anniversary but I seemed overly dressed and I doubt Maria will like that I overshadowed her daughter by my looks.

"You look beautiful" Sally, the fashion designer said with a proud smile.

"Now, we can head there" Talia, the maid stated, handing me my black and golden lady Dior. We headed out of the house, leaving behind the defeating silence as we stepped out to meet the limousine outside.

"Goodbye" Talia said, closing the door as I got in.

The driver drove out of the estate while I stared out of the window. My phone was no longer working and I was quite thankful because I could no longer see any of the messages. He drove to a secluded area on a hilltop to another nice looking party hall.

I furrowed my eyebrows as he walked out and opened the door. I stepped out and registered my surroundings, tucking my hair back.

"You may go in" The driver stated. I gave him a suspicious look, making him chuckle but I nevertheless, strutted into the empty and silent looking hall.