Riordan raised hid eyebrow "Don't hold your breathe" he paused "No, infact, hold your breathe"

We laughed, entering into the Ferrari and driving to the hospital. The test went on for a few hours or should I say 2 hours though Rio couldn't stop complaining how long it was.

"I'm back. I hope I didn't take too long" Doc stated, closing the door.

"Ohh no, you didn't" Rio said sarcastically.

"What's up?" Irving asked, keeping away his phone.

"Well... its great that you've gotten back your voice. I mean, a bacterial infection is a rare case- we don't usually get case of laryngitis cause by a bacterial infection" he said.

"Yes, we know" Rio said annoyed.

"We do but what's the verdict? I can talk, yeah but can I continue singing?" I asked, looking at him expectant of a positive answer while Irving ripped my shoulders.

"No"

My whole world came crashing to the ground.

"I'm sorry but you can't sing ever again. If you do, you will over stretch your larynx and vocal cross which will leave you permanently mute for the rest of your life"

Jovie Genovese had officially destroyed my life.

*****

2 weeks later....

I could hear Rio banging on my door like how he did every other day for the late 2 weeks. Christmas and New year had already passed by and I had completely refused to celebrate it with them. I knew I had ruined the mood for everybody but it hurt listening to them shamelessly singing the Christmas caroles off notes while I couldn't even open my mouth to sing the music notations.

Today was now the 4th January and we will be starting back school next week Monday. How I just wish I could walk into the school and strangle Jovie to death but I couldn't. If I couldn't move a feet out of my room, I wouldn't be able to go that far to school.

"Kara, please come out. Everyone is really worried. Are you seriously going to stared yourself because you can't sing. Think about your health. Please, even if you aren't doing it for me, so it for Rauw! He is getting really depressed that you aren't talking to him!"

Couldn't they understand? I had lost my voice. One of the things I loved and cherished the most, I had lost it along with the friendship of a domain I trusted and beluved that she could never betray me. Charlotte wasn't even here to console me because she went back to France to spent the holidays there.

I had cried my eyes out for a fortnight and it really hurt.

"Are you really gonna let Maria push aside your birthday for some sick wedding anniversary?" He asked "again?" He added in a low hurt tone.

I turned to see my reflection through the broken mirror at my side. My orbs were red form crying and I had small even though barely noticeable eyebags from not sleeping well. My hair was in a messy bun, held by a chanel hair clip and I was still dressed in my pyjamas at 14:00pm in the afternoon.

I stood up, wearing my fuzzy purple slippers and walked to the door, while wearing my glasses because I could barely see clearly before opening the door and looking up at Rio. His expression visibly softened and he pull me in for a hug.

"Sorry, sis. This wasn't meant to happen to you" he said, letting me cry in his chest.

"I trusted her and she destroyed me" I mumbled, removing my glasses to wipe my tears.

"But you can't be doing this to yourself. It's unhealthy" he said "How about you go clean up, get dressed and meet me down stairs in the movie room. There we will eat loads of ice cream and chocolate while watching any movie you want, okay?"