27, Music Festival

Start from the beginning

It was clear that she was genuine and sincere about her apologies. She seemed really hurt by the fact I ignore her and I couldn't deny that things were kind of different without Jovie, Shaun and Henry by my side.

"Okay, I too went overboard by not talking to and it was kind of childish. I shouldn't have done that and yes, we can be friends again" I said, drinking water from the bottle.

"Thanks" she gave me a side hug " I have to go meet Shaun and Henry. Wanna come?"

I shook my head wearily "Got to meet soemoen else" I coughed out a little, feeling my throat drying out. She nodded and walked away while I looked from Riordan. I felt my throat drying up and literally burning for some fucking reason.

"Rio-" My voice came out dry and rough.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked. I coughed out , rubbing my neck a little. I tried speaking again but nothing came out out like I had suddenly lost my voice or something.

"Kara..." He trailed off in worry "are you okay?"

I tried talking again and again but I couldn't fucking hear myself speak. He seemed to have noticed and held his hand down to my throat, quickly removing it back.

"Damn it's burning hot" he said " You can't say a word?"

I nodded.

"Coming up next is Kara Jacasta La Masseria singing Stand up by Cynthia Eriko" I heard Miss Riva say, followed by some cheers.

My eyes widened in fear, looking up at Rio as I tried to regulate my breathe like he though me but nothing walked.

"Kara, lets go" Jovie said too happily,  walking up to me.

"Kara, calm down. I will go call Rauw" Rio said. My ears started ringing, my chest hyperventilating and my mind going blank. I stepped away from them feeling dizzy and sick.

"She's having a panic attack!" Was the last thing I heard before losing balance and falling into that dark void hole.

********

I woke up to the ringing of some weird machine placed next to me and worried discussions from outside the room. Strengthening myself up, I glanced around at where I was and noticed I was in a hospital room.

I tried saying a word but still nothing came out and I felt my head going back to that dizzy state and my stomach churning in some weird way. I looked down at my side and saw a random red button and pressed on it, not caring what the button was use for.

In a spare of a few minutes, my room was busted in by a few doctors with worried looks on their faces but that soon banished when they looked down at an alright woken up me.

"Demelza" Anwen called out worried, walking in with Alejandro leading the way. Being me and not also knowing how to do any ASL, I looked to the doctors with furrowed eyebrows.

A nurse removed a note book and a pen from a near by cupboard and handed it to me, asking me to write my unspoken words down.

What's happening? Why am I in the hospital?

They silently read through it and replied.

"Well, Kara, you contracted a high fever and Laryngitis cause by a bacteria infection. We haven't been able to find out how you had it but we guess it must be something you must have consumed some hours or even minutes before you had a panic attack and passed out" he explained.