27, Music Festival

Start from the beginning

"Sorry I had to deal with some business" He replied.

"Zeke. I send 40 text. Did you see any of them?" I asked, facing him.

"Kara, calm down and why are you so grumpy?" He asked.

I shook my head "Just nervous thinking about tomorrow" I said.

"You will be fine" he replied, taking out his phone.

As much as I felt like I was dissociated out of my body most of fucking time, I felt same with Zeke. He took hours to answer most of my text but when we were together, ge was always on his phone. Not that I was complaining but does that actually make sense?

"Can I ask you something?" I asked. He nodded in reply.

"Perhaps you have any idea what this writing in my diary must be" I said, removing the diary and handing it over to him. He took it and open it as it was already unlocked, reading a few lines.

"You've always been interest in writing, Kara" he replied simply "And you never let me see what you wrote so I can't guess"

"Ohh really" I questioned, taking it back.

"Yup"

"Done!" Charlotte beamed next to me, nudging me to see the portrait she had painted of a tree outside the window with a few birds and nest hanging on the branches. I looked back at my empty canvas, wondering what I could draw or even paint.

"You know what... Just draw for me"

********

*Next day*

I was stressed and nervous. Walking up and down the back lodge, waiting for my name to be called after the other people who had already on stage. Rue and Jazz were presently singing 'Running up that hill' by Kate bush.

What made me annoyed was the fact that; while I was busy trying to calm down and collect myself, Kiernan was busy with the fucking preparations of a ball that will be held on Friday.

"Dude!" I said, gripping both of his arms "Shut up"

He gave me a weird look, soon turning to a funnier one and then, he burst into fits of laughter. Watching him laugh, I couldn't help but join in though I didn't know how and why the dumb boy was laughing.

"You're cute when nervous. Happy I got to get you more relaxed" he said "Anyway, Jovie wishes to speak to you" he added before walking away.

Jovie silently walked close to me, holding a bottle of water in hands.

"Hi" she said silently.

"Hi" I replied.

"Thought you will want to hydrate before the show" she said, handing me the bottle. I accepted it, actually filling thirsty.

"Thanks"

She nodded "Kara, listen, I don't understand why we don't talk anymore or why it seems like we are in this war between each other but I seriously don't want it. I'm sorry if I offended you and I shouldn't have said anything about Zeke or Charlotte. I should have let you dealt with your own issues and stop interfering in you matters. I really am sorry and I hoped that we could be friend again"