𖥻 CHAPTER 10

˗ˏˋ CHAPTER 10 ˎˊ˗" Izuku's Score "

˗ˏˋ CHAPTER 10 ˎˊ˗
" Izuku's Score "

────══━━┈┈━━══────

"Forty-five meters." The robot announces, Izuku staring at the ball that fell to the ground in horror.

"I was definitely trying to use it just now..." Izuku whispers, looking down at his hand, which lacked the red-ish pink glow it normally had when he attempted to use One For All.

The sight of steel wires rising catches Y/N's eye as she looks over to see Shouta with his Quirk activated.

"I erased your Quirk."

Izuku looks up at the teacher startled.

"That entrance exam was definitely not rational enough. Even a kid like you was accepted." Shouta glares at Izuku threateningly.

"You... erased my Quirk...?" Izuku echoes dumbly before gasping in realization, "Those goggles! You can erase other people's Quirks with your Quirk just by looking at them. The Erasure Hero: Eraser Head!"

"Eraser? I don't know him." Ojiro thinks out loud, a hand held to his chin.

"You wouldn't have." Y/N mumbles dismissively, her focus entirely on the two a fair distance infront of her, "Shouta works as an underground Hero. Media attention would mess with his ability to work."

Y/N knew that this might become an issue, but she didn't expect this amount of dislike— hatred towards Izuku.

"From what I can tell, you can't control your Quirk, can you?" Shouta rhetorically asks, "Do you intend to become incapacitated again and have someone save you?"

"Th— That's not my intention—" Izuku gets out hurriedly, startled by the accusation. He was unable to react as steel wires wrap around him, pulling him closer to Shouta.

"Whatever your intention, I'm saying that's what those around you will be forced to do. In the past, there was an oppressively passionate hero who saved over a thousand people by himself and created a legend. Even if you have the aid of the same person helping you control the Quirk, you'll just be decked and turn into a useless doll after saving one person if you continue like this."

"Midoriya Izuku." Shouta starts, "With your power, you can't become a hero."

Shouta stops his Quirk as he lets Izuku go again, "I've returned your Quirk. You have two turns for the ball throw. Hurry up and get it over with."

Shouta walks away from the boy, leaving Izuku to walk back into the circle.

"Are you worried about him?" Aoyama asks Y/N, the puppet turning to look at the boy blankly.

"I don't see how it'd be your concern of all people if I was." Y/N returns blandly, ignoring the boy's confused expression as she looks back at Izuku

Izuku throws the ball again, just his finger glowing the red-ish pink at the ball launches away, the class letting out a startled gasp.

"Sensei... I can still move!" Izuku clenches his hand into a fist, one of his finger completely broken, a dark purple color replacing his normal skin tone.

"He got over seven-hundred meters?!"

"Finally, a hero-like record!"

"His finger's swollen! There was the entrance exam, too. He has a strange Quirk..."

"It's not very stylish."

Y/N was cautiously watching Bakugo who trembled where he stood, rage clear throughout his entire body. Explosions light from his fists as one of his feet raises to step forward—

Y/N kicks Bakugo's leg just as he was about to run forward, moving one foot to dig into his back as she glares down at the boy. Y/N focus's on the shield to make the boy stay there.

Ignoring Bakugo's indignant yelling and thrashing, Y/N looks up at their teacher with false worry, "Shoutaaa, what would've happened if I didn't step in? He's fast, you know. Poor Izuku would've gotten blown to smithereens!"

"And wouldn't that just be so much paper work." Y/N digs the heel of her foot into the boy's back, tempted to at least bruise a rib or two.

"So would breaking Bakugo's ribs, stop." Shouta threatens as Y/N stares at him, Shouta staring back, the two gazes unwavering before—

"Ugh. Fine. You're no fun." Y/N eases up the pressure, putting just enough on so the boy couldn't run away.

Shouta continues to glare until Y/N huffs out a string of curses, pressing down harder one more time before letting go completely, an unsaid threat floating in the air.

"We're wasting time." Shouta announces, distracting the students who were staring at the two with wide-eyes, "Whoever's next, get ready."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
AUTHOR NOTES

I love this book so much, Reprogram is amazing to write as well, but I have so much more fun with writing this book

QOTD: What character or scene are you most excited to see Y/N in? Personally, I'm excited to write the Stain arc