44

Her mouth felt like she had stuck it on a hot stove: it was dry and it burned to swallow, her body ached and her head felt like someone was beating a drum against it. What the hell happened? Groaning Inuyasha opened her eyes only to blink a few times when  she saw the familiar ceiling of Sesshomaru's room."But we were fighting Naraku-- What happened?"

She looked beside her then gasped. She bolted up on the bed ignoring the protest of her body as she touched the pale face of her mate.

"Sessh!" Inuyasha cried out as she saw that his chest and stomach was bandaged up. She caressed his face pushing some of his bangs away from his forehead "Please look at me, please!" She didn't even notice that she was crying. The fear she felt at seeing her powerful mate laying still beside her was making it hard to breath.

He can't die

he's too strong

he's a full demon...something like this wouldn't kill him.

"Open your eyes Sessh" she whispered to him as she leaned over and rubbed her face to his shoulder "Your mate demands you open your fucking eyes!"

"Language koneko"  she was surprised when she heard  his voice, thick with sleep before he opened his eyes to look at her. She sniffed trying to hold back her tears but knew it was no use as they spilled out either ways.

"You're not allowed to die on me damn it, I mean it" Inuyasha growled as she looked over at his many injuries. She then remembered what happened, he had tried to protect her and got hurt in the process. "Oh this is all my fault"

He must have known what she was thinking or feeling because he snarled softly.

"This is not your fault Inuyasha and it insults me that you believe that these are serious injuries for me. The reason I am laying here is to conserve my energy and to watch over you. You've been sleeping for two days now"

"What?! Two days! Are you kidding me?" She was shocked "Why? I'm not hurt"

"You were injected with a strong sleeping drought, we've all been worried" he said as one of his hands caressed her cheek. Inuyasha captured his hand with both of hers, and closed her eyes, rubbing her face to his large hand inhaling his scent. She looked at him and couldn't help herself from leaning over to give him a small peck on his lips.

"You sure you're okay?" She asked, concerned when he winced as he propped himself up on the headboard. She took some pillows and stuffed them in the back of him so that he could be comfortable.

"So what ended up happening?" She asked as she moved so that she could take off his bandages and tend his injuries. They were red and swollen; she figured he would need another five days to heal.

"Naraku is dead" he said making her pause as she was applying an ointment to his cuts.

"He is?...what happened?"

"I destroyed him with the help of Kagome's purifying powers" he said shrugging "Do you doubt I would? That filth thought he could take what was mine, so I ended his miserable existence"

She felt chills as he referred her to being his. She wanted to tell him that she loved him, to let him know that she accepted her fate as his mate, that she wanted him…. she just didn't know how to go about it. Inuyasha bit on her lip thoughtfully. Did she want to try out something romantic? Or just come out and say it? She looked at Sesshomaru who had his eyes close as one of his hands played with her hair absently, twirling a strand around his finger.