chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Mami, are you going to answer?" Andy pulled over and grabbed her phone."I'll be one second mija." She got out of the car, closed the door, and walked away from the car. She answered the phone.

Robert - Andrea, I'm so sorry.

Andy - don't be sorry, Robert.

Robert - but I'm so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking.

Andy - I know what I was thinking

Robert - what do you mean

Andy - never mind, just know I'm not mad at you, i'll see you later.

She hung up the phone, leaving Robert really confused. She walked back to the car and got In. "What was that about, mami?" Andy put her seat belt on "doesn't matter, mija, now we're do you want to get the flowers?" Andy turned the car on."There's this really cute flower place at the mall. Can we go there." Andy nodded. She started driving away. They got to the mall and headed inside. " What floor is it on?" Andy faced izzy "5th" She nodded and headed to the elevator, she pressed 5 and they waited for it to get to the 5th floor, they walked over to the flower shop, the line was quit long so they were waiting for quite a while when they got to the front of the line, the fire alarm started blaring, Andy faced izzy "Mija, we need to leave right now." They turned to leave the flower shop but got trapped inside. "Mami, I'm scared." And turned her daughter so she was facing her and she placed her hands on her shoulders. "mija, I need you to go hide in that corner, and I'll be there as soon as I can." She nodded and did what she was told."EVERYONE LISTEN UP. I'm a firefighter, so I need everyone in here to listen to me very carefully, I need everyone to make their way into the corner of the room." She turned to the person working at the register, "do you have access to running water?" She nodded."Right in here

"I need everyone to give me any loose clothing." They did as they asked, "Mija, can you come and help me get these all wet." She stood up and walked over to her mom, the worker also helped her, they got everyone's loose clothes wet, she handed the out to the people who were inside the building, "mija can you call your dad please, and tell him what's happening." She agreed."Is anyone in here a md." A girl stood up."I'm in my last year of med school. Does that help. Andy nodded, "yes that helps a lot, I need you to sit with that man over there he's having trouble breathing." She nodded and headed over to help the man.

Andy looked over at her daughter see was visibly terrified "Okay now everyone stays low, and now we wait until the fire department can come and help us get out." She went to sit down beside izzy."Come here, mija, did you get a hold of your dad." Izzy was shaking "n… no it wouldn't go through." Andy wrapped her arms around Izzy "Hey It's okay… we're going to be okay." Andy grabbed her phone out of her pocket and called Robert's number, he picked up "Robert, me and Izzy are trapped inside a flower shop in the mall, we're on the 5th floor with 10 other people in here with us, I need you to go and captain the team." He froze. "Robert, are you there?" He snapped out of it "yes I'm here, okay? Is it the mall closest to the station." Andy could her the fear in his voice "yes it I'd. I don't know what stations have been dispatched. All I know is it is a pretty bag fire." Robert could hear izzy crying."Andrea, can I talk to her for a second." Andy handed izz her phone."Hey chicken, I'll be there when you get out okay, your going to be absolutely fine, Schatz." She calmed down "ill… I'll try papi… i love you." She said before handing her phone back to Andy."Andrea, stations 42 and 23 are there. It's a level 3 fire getting called in. I need to go, I love both of you." He hung up the phone, Andy was sat cradling her daughter in her arms, something she's not done since izzy was a little girl.

Robert rushed to the station where everyone was there getting I to the truck. He quickly put his turnouts on and sat down, and maya looked at him. "Where's Andy?" He went pale."She's inside the mall with Bella." Maya looked at him."She's what?" Robert nodded."we need to go." The entire ride was just him playing worse case scenario over and over in his mind, as they reached the mall they saw that the mall was completely on fire from the 2nd floor up to the 7th, Robert had to control his emotions, they jumped out  "19, captain herrera and Issabella are inside, she had put Me in charge, so Bishop montgomery and Gibson join 23 on fire attack ,Hughes and Warren go help with triage, Ruiz your joining me and 42 on search and rescue." Everyone ran to do there assigned jobs, Robert and Theo put there breathers on, they both ran inside "Ruiz, 5th floor, now"  He looked at Robert "is that the floor there on." He nodded, They both went running to the stairs to get up to the 5th floor. When they got there, they saw 42 at the door of a jewellery store.

Robert spotted the flower store and went running over towards it. He started shouting, "ANDREA, ISSABELLA."
he heard Andy's voice,"Robert was okay, but the smoke is starting to come. In here, we probably have at least an hour before it becomes really hard to breathe." Robert radios down to tell the battalion what is happening. They hear a sound and all of a sudden…….. BOOM!!

□□□□□□
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. The next part will get posted tomorrow.

See you guys then

<3