chapter 2

Ross smiles at Andy.

"ill meet you in there then" Ross said before walked away.

 "What was that about." Robert shook his head "nothing important. What's up." She took a minute "oh yea me and you are on engine, Vics on desk duty so she can hang out with Izz, any way I'm going to go talk to theo now, see you later" He waved at her and Robert walked back into the benary and sat down across from izz.

She looked up from her phone and saw him "so who was that, and why did she want to talk to you" Robert knew he had to tell her something or she'd pull it out of him, she was so stubborn just like Andy , she wouldn't give up "that lady is chief Ross, she's my friend from when I was in the Marines, she wanted to talk to me about work stuff." He gave her a comforting smile, she went back on her phone, a few moments later the alarm went off "Engine 19, ladder 19 and Aid car 19 to 10th Street." He got up out of the chair."Be safe. I love you and tell Mami I love her, and she's to be safe too." She was always scared when her parents went out on calls."we will be safe, I promise, I love you so much, chicken. " He smiled and ran out the door.

It had been 4 hours, and Issabella and Vic were sitting at the front desk with Carina and Bailey. "How's school going izz, any crushes." Vic could see her going red "awww who is he? Tell your Auntie Vic." She took in a deep breath "Okay there's this boy in my class, he's tall, curly hair and big green eyes, and he's so kind and caring, too much information right." Vic, Carina, and Bailey all looked at each other."So what is this boy's name?" Bailey asked whilst raising her eyebrows."I'm not telling you his full name, but his name is Diego." She started to think about him, then she looked at her phone to realise they had been away for quite a while."Hey Vic, what can you tell me about this chief Ross person." Vic was confused. She turned to face her."Nothing really, why do you ask."

Issabella sighed. "Ugh, my dad said they used to be friends and wouldn't tell me anything." She folded her arms across her chest, Bailey got a phone call from Ben and stepped a side."Hey Ben, what's up." He started rambling "Hey...hey slow down, what happened." He stopped for a second,"Herrera and Sulivan, well.... Emm.... They got trapped inside a building when the ceiling collapsed on top of them, they are okay.. we think.... We're taking them to Grey-sloan. Can you get izz and take her there." Bailey looked over to the tall 12 year old sat chatting away to Carina and Vic. How was she going to tell her?"Yes, of course we're on our way." Ben told her that he loves her and hung up.

Bailey put her phone in her pocket and walked over to them. Instantly, they knew something was wrong. "What's wrong? Is it my dad? Is it my mom?" She was really scared, Bailey walked over to her and placed her hands on top of Issabella's to stop her from playing with her hand "sweet heart, when your mom and dad were inside the building, the ceiling collapsed on top of them..." All the colour in Issabella's face disappeared, her eyes started to go teary, Vic and Carina walked over to her Vic placed her hands on her shoulders and Carina put her hand on top of Baileys "they managed to get them out, but they were trapped for a while, there oxygen levels were low, there taking them to the hospital now. We are going to take you to the hospital now. " She froze"...are... "they .... Going ... to ... be ...okay?" She said in between tears. She turned around to Vic and tucked her head into her arms."Oh sweet girl, Ben is positive that they will be okay." She didn't listen to a word any one was saying, it was as if the whole world stop and was in slow motion, some how they ended up at the hospital and now we're sat in the waiting room.

Issabella pov:

I lay down on a chair with my head on Vics lap and my feet in travis's lap, I was numb, I couldn't feel anything, my dad was in surgery for his spin and my mom was in surgery for her heart, I was lost in my thought, he promised he'd be safe, he promised he live, he broke them, I don't know how I'll survive if they die, I'll have
no-one, I'll be all alone, Dr Pierce came out, everyone stood up bit us three, I couldn't move, she came over to me, "your mom pulled through the surgery, no complications, well keep her in ICU for the night, just to keep an eye on her then she'll be moved into recovery." Finally, a weight that had been on my chest lifted, but I still had to wait for my dad to see if he was okay.

A few hours had passed it was about midnight, I had fell asleep a few times, but never longer than 5 minutes, Vic looked down at me "Hey do you want to come to my house to go to sleep?" Vic said in a soft tone, travis was rubbing his hand up and down my leg, "no I'm okay" I started to tear up again, I had fallen asleep, when Dr shepherd came out, they didn't want to wake me, I had woken up to the sound of her voice, "he won't be able to go back to work for a few months and will need a lot of physical therapy." Great, the words I need to hear. I burst out into tears again, and to make matters worse that Chief Ross was standing in the corner.

Natashas pov:

I know it was late and people would find it weird that the fire chief was here, but I didn't care I just needed to know that he was alright, but standing here seeing his daughter broken, I can't do it I need to leave. Something that brought me out of my thought was Issabella, she had walked over to me, "why are you here, I don't want you here, I don't care if your friends with my dad, or even the fire chief, I don't want you here, so me and my family, the station, can convey our emotions they way we want to. But with you here..... with you here, it's like you're a hawk watching over us, so can.... Can you please just ..... just go." She was crying now, and Vic had come over to get her "Okay i'll leave if it makes you more comfortable." I was fighting the urge to full on breaking down.
Before I left, I turned to the team. " 19 two weeks off with pay." I know they need this. They're been through a lot today.

□□□□

This is a really long chapter, and a lot of things happened, so I hope you guys enjoyed it. See you in the next chapter.

<3