I. First job

Bradat times called Pong was a chinky -eyed fresh medical graduate of FEU who was raised up in the narrow alleys of Sta. Cruz, Manila.his chinese blood probably diluted to around 25 percent only
Brad Kee preferred to be calledPong KEE which sounded funky. His heart was pounding,wide-eyed with sweaty palms, his family's fortune hanging on the balance. Unsure of what his future holds, he looked outside of the plane window which is expected to land on Puerto Princesa, the capital of the large island of Palawan. Palawan, the last frontier.Its capital, Puerto Princesa is world-reknowned for
it's subterranean River National Park. Palawan prides itself of its pristine white crystal sand beaches, clear blue waters As the plane landed on Puerto Princesa international airport he was praying that his final destination will be a fruitful and successful venture. From the capital he is to be brought northwards to Taytay, Palawan a first class municipality As he slowly disembark from the airplane he could see a moderately sized contingent of excited and waving group consisting of around 20 old men and women holding down a linoleum banner spread across which read,"Welcome to Palawan! Dr. Kee! "And they laid sampaguita ornaments around his neck. Pong was secretly hiding a gleeful smile at this once in a lifetime experience. Thank goodness there was no accompaniment of bugle sounds!This is kind of overwhelming yet,embarassing.Boy! if they could have seen this spectacle. Pongcan't wait to see his friends again.this was one helluva welcome!

Pong actually felt presidential at that moment. The welcome party was led by the potbellied Mayor.Mayor Villareal. Mayor Villareal had ashen- colored skin.He looked very thrilled and with a deep voice,welcomed Pong and gave a tight firm handshake Pong was flushed red on his face, he surmised that before assuming the mantle of mayor of Taytay,Palawan that this man was probably ex- military with his deep low voice and his stance and he owned a security agency back in Manila where Pong was interviewed by the first lady of Taytay,Palawan. Mrs. Villareal was an accomodating lady full of elegance. She asked some personal questions to let him feel at ease. She asked questions. like if Fong was married. She asked him if he had a girlfriend, where he finished med school. But Mam Emy mostly described the town the people, she described it as a political powder keg. She was giving him a heads up with all the political factions there with her husband as newly proclaimed mayor and the remaining loyal remnants of the previous administration, Fong just smiled and nary a care about their politics. All the politics he knew was the politics of yore.Fong easily aced the interview and was hired immediately. From the airport,Fong was brought to a small restaurant, given a sumptuous meal. He was eventually brought to a relatively small sized staff house where they rested as they were to travel to one of the island barangays of Taytay ,Palawan, Cataban. The next morning, Fong rode along the mayor and the municipal treasurer, Mang Rody. was a man of short stature but he spewed words of wisdom.Pong instantly felt Nong Rod's fatherly concern for him since Pong was a stranger to the people and place. He knew that Pong could easily get homesick.

Pong had a lot of respect for this intelligent man,Rody.The Mayor's personal bodyguard, Abner was driving the white Toyota Hilux.Abet was a scary bemustached good- looking fellow with a muscular built. If not for his funny sounding squeaky voice He could easily pass off as a goon in an FPJ action movie. The grand estate of Mayor Villareal perchedl atop a mountain, Abet had to manuever the steep road leading to the villa. As Fong set foot on the villa, he was awed in wonder with the size of the compound and the bewildering view down below where the stunningly clear blue waters and the simple village atmosphere would leave anyone breathless. The horizon made Fong think about his mom and dad . He felt very sad as he felt so far away from his family and old friends. He felt. as though he was an OFW in his own country. The next morning,Pong and the gang hopped onto a Big Banca for
Poblacion. It is the commercial and entertainment center of Taytay ,Palawan and where the health center and municipal Hall is located.As Pong sat quiet steadily inside the boat hoping the weather stays calm. Pong prayed that the waters remain calm and still.Pong will be doing this for the rest of his contract It was amusing that Pong accepted a work that entailed sea travel when he could not swim to save himself. And now he practically is a seaman. He may have had fear of the deep waters but the best thing about riding the motorized Banca was the serene feeling that wells inside you as you gaze at the nothingness in the middle of the sea and the beauty of the land forms and beaches and trees when you see them as you pass by islands and islets and when you are approaching the shorelines.The fear of the waters would be overwhelmed by the stunning views and the radiant blue waters. The gentle breeze of the wind brushing across P
ong's face would bring Brad into deep contemplation as he remembered one of his reasons why he accepted this entire adventure. Brad was hooked to vices and bad habits . He hoped that with this new endeavor he will be able to stay away from some of his friends that could continuously provide him with his habitsTaytay, Palawan is a big town nestled in the the northwesttip of mainland Palawan bounded by the the Taytay Bay on the east and on the west, by the West Philippine Sea in the north Roxas in the East and the city of Puerto Princesa in the Southwest. It has a maximum width of 24 miles and a mountainous backbone of 270mile lengthIt consists of 31 barangays. Subsequently, each barangay consists of puroks and sitio.Back then in 1998, Taytay Palawan was a relatively sleepy town and although thetown has begun the seeds of progress you can see Today Today it is a first class municipality with its own airport and is said to be quite possibly the next big thing And the people thought that Palawan was just all about El Nido and Puerto Princesa.