To Beacon

In retrospect, stealing Crocea Mors before fleeing from home was probably not the best plan. Sure, he needed a weapon if he wanted to go through with his bout of madness and pursue a sudden career change from the retail world to the world of the Huntsman, but there were likely better ways to obtain one. Jaune's stealing away of Crocea Mors had been something of a blunder.

Jaune going missing from home for only one night? Explainable. He could claim that he went out with friends and had a sleepover or something. Jaune going missing from home at night with Crocea Mors suddenly missing from its display? Far less explainable. He made a terrible miscalculation when it came to his grand plan of escaping from monotony.

As he sat upon a small two seater couch in the hallway of the massive airship heading to Beacon Academy, his Scroll vibrated near endlessly. He was feeling ill for a multitude of reasons. Ignoring the massive amount of motion sickness he had just from being in the air, he felt unbearably guilty. He sort of... just left without a word.

That was four days ago. Four days ago, he left home in the middle of the night and boarded a Bullhead to Vale. No one at home knew, no one at his job had any clue he was just going to disappear. He wanted a fresh start. With a little bit of "creative interpretation" he padded out his Huntsman resume to make himself seem like a viable candidate for Beacon. Turns out repeatedly writing out "Team Player" in different ways worked just as much for the Huntsman world.

His Scroll buzzed once more in his pocket. He couldn't bring himself to block his family, no matter how much they were spamming him with messages. Apparently, a single text back to his sisters and parents letting them know he was "fine" wasn't quite enough. They couldn't really do much though, not with him being tight lipped about where he was. He didn't think anyone would actively go searching for him, it just wasn't viable to do. It's not like they'd go searching to hunt him down at each Huntsman school.

Jaune closed his eyes and leaned back further into the couch. The back of his head touched the fancy wooden trimming of the airship walls behind him. He was trying his best to ignore just about everything around him. The reason he left the main deck of the ship, opting to flee to the lonely corridors to relax until they reached the academy, mostly stemmed from just how obnoxious his fellow hopefuls were. Too loud, too excited, too cheerful, he just couldn't stand the atmosphere.

A quiet voice suddenly interrupted his welcomed silence, "Excuse me."

Months of instinct took hold as a false smile grew on Jaune's face as he opened his eyes, "How may I help you?"

Jaune internally cringed at himself near immediately after he finished speaking. He absolutely knew he just channeled his persona he used in the retail world. He did it completely out of habit without even thinking about it. It's not like he really ever talked to strangers outside of work, so falling back on his persona just came naturally.

After catching his mistake, the false smile he wore was replaced with a frown and a scowl.

A girl with long black hair donned with a black ribbon stared at him with her yellow eyes.

The edge of her lips slightly curved upwards into a tiny grin, "Are you feeling okay?"

The frown on Jaune's face remained, though he did his best to not let his personal irritation at himself impact how he was treating the person before him.

"A little motion sick. Do I really look that bad?" There had to be a reason she stopped in the hall to bother him.

She nodded, motioning to the small backpack she carried, "Mhm, you look clammy. I have some allergy medicine that might help. It's the drowsy kind. I knew someone that had problems with motion sickness in cars. It worked for them,," she searched through her backpack.