02

Saturday, July 7th

Isabella Karlee Karter

"Ease up on the gas Bella, the speed limit only 50, you going at least 60." Isaiah directed as he sat up in the passenger seat

"My bad." Isabella eased her foot up on the gas pedal as she continued to focus on the road

Most teenagers got their drivers license at 16, but Isabella wasn't one of them. Due to her anxiety, she always found it nerve wracking to get behind the wheel so she was never in a rush to learn how to drive or get her license. She was fearful of getting into a car accident or getting stopped by the police, driving scared her. With the help of her brothers, mostly Isaiah, she had recently made the decision to get over those fears and start learning how to drive. She wanted a sense of independence and she felt like learning how to drive would give her that. Today was Isaiah's turn to take her out on the road and she was happy about it because Isaiah was more patient with her than Junior was which was greatly appreciated on her end.

"You got a heavy ass foot." He teased as he pulled the pre rolled blunt from behind his ear and reached into his pocket for his lighter

"But you making progress baby girl, we finally made it out onto the main road. Loosen up, you look stiff as fuck." He continued on as he lit his blunt before putting it to his mouth and taking a pull

Isabella smiled at the compliment, "Thank you Sai, and I'm just still nervous I feel like I need to be fully attentive at all times."

Isaiah blew out a thick cloud of smoke, "Yeah, you do but you also need to be comfortable. Relax, lean back a little bit. We approaching a red light so start lightly pressing on the brakes."

Isabella followed her brother's directions and came to a complete stop right behind a dark blue mini van that had soccer mom stickers all over the rear bumper. She relaxed in the drivers seat of Isaiah's 2020 ceramic gray Dodge Challenger as she waited for the light to turn green.

"Yeaaaah, that's how you do it." Sai hyped her as he continued to smoke his blunt

It was an early Saturday afternoon and the siblings decided that they were hungry. So Isaiah offered to treat his sister to lunch, only if she agreed to drive to the restaurant. He wanted her to get more practice and comfortable behind the wheel and he figured the best way for her to do so was to just hop onto the road. He knew his sister struggled with anxiety but he also knew that he had her back and he wouldn't let anything happen to her.

"So, how you feeling about moving back home?" Isaiah questioned as the light turned green and Isabella pressed her foot on the gas

She shrugged her shoulders, "The same way I felt 3 days ago when mommy broke the news to us. I just feel like it isn't fair Sai, you and Junior get to stay here and I have to go back to Atlanta. She didn't even give me a choice."

Isaiah nodded his head in agreement, he could understand where his sister was coming from but he could also see his mothers perspective as well. Isaiah possessed a quality that most people his age lacked, he was logical. In most situations he was able to see the bigger picture and could also understand everyone's perspective. He wasn't one sided, he looked at everything holistically.

"I agree. I do think she could've presented it to you better. Maybe actually give you a choice on leaving or not." He took a pull from his blunt, "But be forreal Isabella, what's here for you in Charlotte? You graduated high school, top three of your class at that, yet you decided that you didn't want to go to college. You not even working a job right now cause me, Junior, and mommy, provide you with everything you want and need. You a beast at doing hair, but you don't even take that shit seriously. You spoiled Bella."