#8: Take responsibility.

Start from the beginning

"Oh nothing," I brush it off. "Just tired."

"Go home and rest then. Come on," he tries to get me up but I shake my head.

"No, no. I have to hand this in. It was due in class today so I need to at least submit it before I go home."

He sighs at me. "Why didn't you complete it yesterday?"

"I was caught up with some stuff," I say vaguely. "You should go first though. It's almost seven."

"Nah, I'll stay. Keep you company."

"Dude, go." I insist. "I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Taehyung, we're in campus. There's nothing to worry about."

"What if ghosts show up?"

"They'd be less scarier than Yugyeom." I shrug and we end up laughing, quietening down as the girl at the other side of the study hall looks at us due to it. She was the only other person there except us.

"Not gonna lie, my cousin can be pretty scary when he's mad." Taehyung agrees, probably thinking back to all those times he had to deal with angry Yugyeom since young because those two were cousins and practically grew up together.

"Fine, take a cab when you go home at least." He says. "Don't take the subway or the bus so late. Oh and text me when you're home."

"Yes, dad." I roll my eyes and get a flick on the head as punishment before he walks away, waving.

It's almost eight when I complete my essay and almost sigh in relief as I do. By the time, even the girl had left. I pack my things up, slinging my bag onto my shoulder and heading up to the professors' cabin and slot my essay in.

As I climb down the stairs, I almost slip when the lights go off.

I whip my head around but it's pitch black. All the lights had went out. I feel my heart slam against my chest, my pulse increasing as a cold shiver goes down my spine.

I was scared of the dark.

I fish out my phone to turn on the flash but it's dead. I had not anticipated that I would stay in campus that late so I did not have my power bank for it.

I hold the railing, forcing myself to slowly go down but I was starting to sweat and my hands feel clammy. I feel a little off-balance so I sit down on the step instead.

I pull my knees to my chest, breathing deeply. My shirt was wet from my sweat and I felt like I was going to pass out. As childish as it might sound, darkness was my worst fear. I just could not function when it's dark. I even slept with a light on every night.

As I was calming myself down, I hear footsteps and I feel both a sense of relief and nervousness as I do.

I was relieved someone was there but I was also nervous about how they would react if they see me.

I had no time to think about that because the person reaches the flight of steps I was in and I could see the flash of light from their phone. The person seems to notice me before I regret because their footsteps quickens and they reach me.

I look up as the girl crouches down next to me, looking rather surprised to see me as I am to see her.

"Jungkook?"

"Chae," I whisper as her arm goes around me. Her embrace gives a touch of security.

"It's okay, come here." She rubs my back lightly. "It's just a power outage. My coach has gone to check it out."