#4: Someone better?

Chapter Four: "Someone better?"
A/N: bolded name = pov; thank you everyone for your patience in waiting for my updates. I can't upload too frequently because I'm in junior college and it's my national exams this year so yess

Chaeyoung

"What song have you prepared?" I ask Jin as we walk together towards the block where the music rooms are, a guitar slung across my back.

"Eh, how did you know I had to?"

"I bumped into Jungkook yesterday after soccer." I tell him. "Why didn't you ever mention he was in the club when we talked about him the other day?"

Jin looks like I just told him chickens were going extinct, surprised. "He is?"

My jaw drops. "Don't all the vocalists in our year train together? How do you not know?"

"In my defence, there are like more than 20 people in there and he's clearly one of the quieter ones." He puts his hands up in surrender.

"Well, he is." I say anyway. "And I told him I'll watch so I'm going to drop by after I check in with the guitar section."

"How do you have time to watch us. Don't you guys have stuff to perform or something?"

"Not today. The teacher in-charge of our sections ain't coming today. He's sick apparently so we're on our own." I shrug.

"Whatever, don't watch me though. I do not want you to watch me sing." He warns but I don't ever listen.

"I honestly wasn't going to but since you say so, I'll make sure to listen to you whole performance."

"Great." He doesn't argue, knowing I wouldn't budge and soon we head into the respective music rooms assigned to us.

"Hey Rosie," Sana waves to me, her brown guitar in her lap, clearly having been strumming before I came in.

"Hey," I head towards her as she sat in one of the corners of the rooms. There was still like twenty minutes to the start so it was just us and a boy but I didn't know his name. He was pretty quiet and he refused to talk to anyone unless absolutely necessary and he was never in my group so I didn't know anything about the guy.

"What piece have you rehearsed? I am doing Wonderwall but I'm still rusty at the end. I feel like I'm going to embarrass myself today," She complains the moment I sit next to her and I wait for her to finish before pointing out the obvious.

"Dude, Mr Sim is sick. He ain't coming today."

"Wait, what?" Her eyes widen. "So we don't have to perform?"

"Nope."

"Gosh, I was worrying for nothing." She heaves a sigh, leaning back on her chair, almost dropping her guitar if I hadn't reached to steady the bottom.

"You should really check the group chat once in a while," I tell her. "He texted us yesterday that he wasn't coming."

"Well, I have you to tell me anyway," she shrugs and I roll my eyes, biting back a smile. "When are we going to perform then?"

"Probably next week."

"Great, so can you help me with this?"

"No." I say flatly but she starts to whine and I sigh, "Fine, come on."

It's almost forty minutes when my phone vibrates. I fish it out of my pocket, ignoring the chatter and strums of guitar around me as by now, most were already in except for a few who could not be bothered to turn up.

Jin:
Your guy's team is up next.
(2) I'm after his so take this as a favour and leave before I go up thanks