#6: Step up your game.

Chapter Six: "Step up your game."
A/N: bolded name = pov

Jungkook

If our first kiss was accidental, this certainly was not.

Chaeyoung's lips had pressed onto mine mid-sentence, catching me off guard. I don't move and neither does she, the pressure high yet light at the same time.

When she pulls away, her eyes look directly into mine, confidence yet a pinch of nervousness in them. "I'm sorry, but I had to. At least once more."

Her words hang between us, neither of us saying anything but our eyes lock in a gaze which I break, my gaze over her entire self before going back up, this time to her lips. They were pink, slightly parted, her tongue wetting the bottom one.

"Well," I finally speak, my voice sounding strangely husky. "So do I."

My hand slides past her neck, pulling her a little as I draw her mouth to mine. I don't know where the courage came from but I was just going to blame my fuzzy mind that the soju gave me. I can tell she's shocked but she relaxes herself, kissing me back.

My eyes close and I could feel my pulse rate rising. Boldness was not natural for me.

She seems to know, maybe from my unnatural posture or our first kiss more than a month ago. I wouldn't know which but she takes the lead anyway.

She hoists herself up to her knees as break the kiss momentarily, slightly towering over me. She guides my hand to her waist, the soft material of the silk robe between my palm and her skin. I follow her pace as she fuses our lips together again, this time more readily.

Her lips are warm and moist as I remembered. She is gentle and yet I can feel the heated ignition between us. My palm feels its way up to her back as her hands glides down my shoulders.

When our lips detach again, she kisses along my jaw, spreading warmth all over me. I tilt my head up to give her access to my neck and she leaves a trail of kisses down my throat.

What were we doing?

My mind was numb but my body was acting on its own accord, holding her tighter and feeling the way her body was built - strong yet smooth. I liked the form of security her firm build gave me, making me feel like it was okay - more than okay.

Chaeyoung parts from my skin and I look up her in confusion. Did I do something?

"Jungkook..." she trails off.

"What happened?" I ask, unable to read the look in her eyes. "Why'd you stop?"

"I think we should stop."

"Why?"

"We don't know what we're doing."

"I do."

"Jungkook," there's a delicate sense in her tone. "You're clearly tipsy."

"You can tell me if you don't want me."

What was I saying? I knew I was being ridiculous and I had no idea why those words tumbled out my mouth but I knew I didn't the like the fact that she stopped.

Chaeyoung looks surprised but she doesn't respond the way I expected her to. Her fingers go under my jaw, lifting my chin to kiss me directly. Unlike her gentler ones before, this is hard almost knocking my breath out.

As she pulls back, I'm dazed from that one kiss as I look back at her, her lips moving again as she speaks. "Don't want you? Only I know how much I'm holding myself back from you right now."

"Then why are you?"

"Because you don't really want me. Not your sober self at least," she says. Her tone is soft, like she was trying to make a child understand, her fingers grazing my cheek soothingly. "If anything were to happen between us, I don't want you to ever regret it but you most definitely will if you wake up in my bed tomorrow morning."