30

Zara's opulent hall exuded an air of grandeur and extravagance. The room was adorned with intricate chandeliers, casting a warm glow over the space. Luxurious drapes framed tall, arched windows, allowing a glimpse of the night sky dotted with stars. The walls were adorned with paintings and decorative mirrors, reflecting the opulence of the surroundings.

The comfortable couches were strategically placed in a circular arrangement, creating an intimate setting for the gathering. Zara sat next to William, her eyes gleaming with joy as she welcomed her long-awaited brother. William, dressed in a sophisticated suit, looked equally delighted as he exchanged pleasantries with his sister. The intensity in his gaze, however, did not go unnoticed by Liam and Violet.

Liam found himself sitting between Kathy and Violet on one of the comfortable couches. Zara, overwhelmed with excitement, bombarded her brother, William, with questions about his absence and why it took him so long to arrive. As Zara continued to talk, Liam and William's intense gaze remained fixed on each other, their unspoken tension palpable in the air.

Meanwhile, William's attention kept drifting towards Violet, whom he had developed feelings for since their first encounter at the conference. Unaware of the connection between William and Violet, Liam instinctively held her hand tightly, still carrying the remnants of their recent fight.

Kathy noticed the clenched hand-holding between Liam and Violet, and her annoyance and frustration grew. She had been increasingly resentful of the bond between Liam and Violet, feeling that their friendship was encroaching upon her relationship with Liam. Kathy tried to mask her annoyance, but the subtle twitch in her expression revealed her inner turmoil.

Zara's eyes lit up with joy as she burst with excitement, "Brother, I've made a cake for you! Wait right here, I'll bring it!" Her voice was filled with enthusiasm as she hurried off to retrieve the masterpiece she had created.

Moments later, Zara reappeared, carrying a magnificent cake adorned with intricate decorations. The aroma of freshly baked vanilla and hints of cinnamon wafted through the air, enticing everyone in the room. The cake was a work of art, with layers of moist sponge, delicately frosted with a smooth, creamy icing. It was embellished with edible flowers and delicate sugar designs,

As Zara placed the cake in front of William, his eyes momentarily drifted from Violet to the delectable creation before him. Zara beamed with pride as she eagerly encouraged him, "Try it, brother! "

With a slice of cake in hand, William took a bite and was instantly transported to a world of delightful flavors. The cake was a harmonious blend of sweetness and richness, leaving a lingering taste that pleased the palate. Zara watched her brother intently, her own attention completely engrossed in the delightfulness of Violet's creation.

Meanwhile, Liam couldn't help but feel increasingly frustrated. He noticed William's gaze shifting towards Violet, and it only added to the simmering tension between them. Liam desperately hoped that this gathering would not escalate into another heated confrontation, especially in such an opulent setting.

Violet, sensing the underlying tension, silently prayed for a peaceful evening, fearing that any scene reminiscent of the restaurant incident would mar the atmosphere. She maintained her composure, offering a polite smile to those around her, trying to keep the focus on the celebration rather than the complicated dynamics at play.

Amidst the delicate atmosphere, William couldn't contain his astonishment at Zara's culinary skills. He turned to her with a wide smile and said, "Zara, this cake is absolutely incredible! I never knew you had such talent in the kitchen. You truly outdid yourself!" Zara beamed with pride, her eyes twinkling as she responded, "Well, brother, I have my hidden talents. Just wait till you taste more of my creations!"