28

As Violet and Liam entered the auditorium inner room, the room fell into a hushed silence. The senior members of the cultural management association, including Jackson, Modina, Billy, and January, were seated at a long table at the front, engrossed in a discussion. They looked up, their eyes widening in astonishment as they caught sight of Violet's condition.

Matthew, who had called Violet urgently, stood up from his seat, his face etched with concern. "Violet, what happened to you? Are you alright?" he exclaimed, rushing towards her.

Violet winced as she shifted her weight on the crutch, offering a weak smile. "I had a little accident, but I'm managing," she replied, trying to downplay her injury.

Modina, the director of the cultural management association, approached Violet with a worried expression. "Violet, accidents like this shouldn't be taken lightly. You need to prioritize your health and well-being," she urged, her voice filled with genuine concern.

Billy, another senior member, chimed in, his tone laced with worry. "Violet, we were so shocked when we heard about your fall. We had no idea it was this serious. You should have informed us earlier."

Violet's eyes welled up with tears as she looked at her colleagues, her voice trembling. "I'm sorry for not informing you earlier. I didn't want to be a burden, and I thought I could handle it on my own."

Jackson, the president of the association, stepped forward, his face displaying a mix of concern and determination. "Violet, you're not a burden. We are a team, and it's our responsibility to take care of each other. Your well-being is of utmost importance to us."

Matthew, still standing beside Violet, added his voice to the conversation. "Violet, we were about to discuss the championship and the upcoming events. But right now, your health comes first. Let's reschedule this meeting and focus on getting you the help you need."

Violet felt a wave of gratitude wash over her as she looked at her concerned colleagues. It was in moments like these that she realized the strength of their bond and the support they offered. However, a sense of disappointment clouded her thoughts as she remembered her upcoming opportunity to represent NYU University at the World's Championship in Mexico.

She mustered the courage to share her worries with the group. "I appreciate your concern, everyone. But I can't help but think about the championship. I was supposed to represent our university, and now it feels like a dream slipping away."

The room fell into a thoughtful silence as the senior members exchanged glances, understanding the weight of Violet's words. January, the senior member responsible for organizing events, spoke up with empathy in her voice. "Violet, we understand how important this opportunity is for you. We'll explore all possible options to ensure you still have a chance to participate."

Jackson nodded in agreement. "Violet, you've worked hard for this, and we won't let a setback like this take away your chance. We'll find a way to support you in Mexico, even if it means making adjustments to the plans."

Violet's confusion deepened as she tried to comprehend the implications of the championship being postponed. She looked at Jackson with a puzzled expression, her voice trembling slightly. "How can they adjust such a huge event like the World's Championship? And why is it being postponed?"

Modina playfully punched Jackson's arm, a small smile playing on her lips. "Stop teasing her! She's already troubled!" she scolded, trying to lighten the mood.

Jackson chuckled and raised his hands in a gesture of surrender. "My apologies, Violet. I didn't mean to confuse you further. The truth is, there have been ongoing protests in Mexico, and the situation has become quite tense. Due to the disturbances, the Mexican government has decided to postpone the championship until further notice for the safety of all participants."