our ending (33)

☔︎︎

it's been around a month after their last text and the members had already found a new dorm to stay at the meantime, so they can move out of chae's apartment because they felt guilty for just staying there rent free, but their new place was just temporary, because it was too small for them and not good enough. Chaeyon moved back in with Jayeun.

the last time chae messaged heeseung, she said that she'll 'think about it' when in reality, she just ignored the boy's messages and calls and basically anything from the boy. well she didn't actually not respond to his suggestion to meet up. She just told him that she doesn't want to be with him anymore and everything should just end.

she wanted him back desperately, but despite all of that, her mental health was getting worse and she wanted to fix herself and plus, she just felt too guilty to be with him again after leaving him like that.

maybe they should move on.

"come on chae! you can't just sit here and be depressed forever. you know you miss him! you know you love him!" her best friend says. clearly annoyed of chaeyon's constant whining about how much she misses him but she's too much of a pussy to text him again, or atleast to try again.

"yeah but what if he's over me?" chaeyon says, looking at jayeun, making jayeun roll her eyes and groan in annoyance.

"chaeyon. get a hold of yourself! how can he be over you! you guys were so inlove it made me sick, but now i seriously want you to get back together! i know you miss him, and you know it too! so just call him!" Jayeun yelled.

"but-"

"IF YOU DONT CALL HIM HOW WOULD YOU KNOW HE'S OVER YOU!? JUST CALL HIM TO MEET UP SHIN CHAEYON!" Jayeun yells.

"OKAY JESUS! BUT RIGHT NOW IT'S LITERALLY 10PM I CANT JUST CALL HIM NOW!" chaeyon yells back at her bestfriend.

"I DONT CARE!!!! JUST CALL HIM OR I'LL DO IT OMGG KSJSNSJXMMXMXJDJFJDJKD" jayeun yelled and grabbed her bestfriend. (well basically screaming and going crazy at this point.)

"OKAY JESUS DID YOU GET POSSESSED OR SOMETHING JUST CHILL THE FUCK OUT!" chaeyon yells at Jayeun once more.

Chaeyon grabbed her phone and went to a different room to call him.

OTP
ringing..

"hello?" he says.

"hi." she answered. "how have you been?"

"i'm okay.." he replies bluntly, "i guess"

"that's good to know..." she says awkwardly.. "i'm sorry i didn't reply to you asking me out. my mental health wasn't really good, and i wasn't in the mood to do anything.. plus i was really busy and-"

"it's fine, chaeyon-ah" heeseung cuts her off.

'so he doesn't call me those sweet names anymore..' she thought. 'he's probably be over me. i'm the one who wanted this to end, right?'

"where are you right now?" he asks her bluntly.

"..home.. why?"

"come out" he says before hanging up the phone.

-

after heeseung hung up, chaeyon hastily fixed her hair and clothes before sprinting outside of the house, meeting a familiar figure that was facing backwards.

She pokes his back gently and he turns to meet her eyes.

Her eyes were filled with hope, and the never ending love she had for him, while his's were cold and emotionless.