Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic, rocked back and forth on the spot by the fireplace, seemingly immensely pleased with the situation. Kingsley Shacklebolt, a wizard in pretty African robes whom Cassi had only seen once before, was also present.

"Kitty!" Minerva shouted and practically ripped Umbridge's hands off her.

"Am I in trouble?" Cassi asked softly.

Minerva didn't answer, but she pulled her close and stood protectively by her side.

Minerva didn't answer; she just held her and stood protectively by her side.
The portraits of the old headmasters and headmistresses were not pretending to sleep tonight. They were alert and serious, watching what was happening below.
Then, her great-grandfather's portrait shouted, "A Black would do better not to get caught! Run faster next time!" Phineas Black yelled with a stern look.

Cassi ignored him. The man was considered one of the cruelest headmasters of Hogwarts.

The Minister looked at them with a kind of malicious satisfaction on his face. "Well, well, well..." he exclaimed.

Ridiculous man. Cassiopeia rolled her eyes.

"He was heading back to Gryffindor Tower," Umbridge said, with an obscene excitement in her voice, the same perverse pleasure. "And he's probably on his way to the dungeons. Sly little snake," she smirked mockingly, and Cassi would have loved to send Morgus to bite her.

"Young Malfoy cornered them."

"Really, really?!" Fudge exclaimed, amazed. "I must remember to tell Lucius. Very well... I hope you know why you're here."

Cassi looked at her friend and saw that he was holding back from saying the most arrogant 'yes' of all eras.

So, she obviously lied for him.

"We have no idea, Minister," she smiled innocently.

The man seemed surprised. Dumbledore was greatly relieved, and Minerva, for the first time, was extremely pleased that her goddaughter was a Slytherin.

"Is that so... you don't know?" Fudge asked.

"No," Harry repeated firmly, playing along.

"You don't know why you're here?"

"No, sir," Cassi shook her head, pretending to be confused.

Fudge looked incredulously at them and then at Umbridge.

"So, you have no idea," the Minister said with heavy sarcasm in his voice, "why Professor Umbridge brought you to this room? You don't know that you've broken the school rules?"

"School rules?" Cassi comically opened her mouth, looking at Minerva and Dumbledore in shock. "No!" she gasped, as if the mere idea were an outrage.

Honestly, give me my acting award. Cassi thought, suppressing a smile and maintaining the shocked expression.

"I have no conscious recollection," Harry replied softly, also feigning shock.
He seemed on the verge of a breakdown. Cassiopeia could be a tutor like him, but the poor boy had taken on the responsibility of being a leader; if he were punished, it could mean expulsion. They needed to pretend innocence and hope to get away without retaliation.

"So, it's news to you," Fudge said, his voice now thick with anger, "that an illegal student organization has been discovered in this school?"

"Yes, sir," said Harry, displaying a look of innocence and unconvincing surprise.

Umbridge left and returned with a broad smile. "Nothing like a good witness."

"Indeed, Cornelius," Dumbledore agreed solemnly, nodding his head.