Part 14

READER'S P.O.V.

Weeks went by and me and Gerard have gotten closer. Logan was leaving in a couple hours to go on tour and I was soon in charge of the apartment. Logan kept saying the "Ten Commandments of This Apartment". Most of the rules were common sense, but every so often he'd throw in a completely ridiculous rule. I believe it was commandment 6 that stated: Thou shalt not, under any circumstances, sell the apartment in order to get drug money.

The tour bus came and I helped take his stuff outside. I was given the keys to the Jeep and told to take care of it. We said our goodbyes and promised each other to call every day. Once the bus was gone, I went back inside and turned on the TV since there was nothing else to do. After 3 episodes of Doctor Who, an episode of Supernatural, 2 episodes of Gravity Falls, and reading half of act 4 in Homestuck, I groaned after realizing what I was doing with my life. I started texting Gerard and somehow ended up going over to his place. We ordered pizza and played Super Smash Bros. Brawl. After a few hours of that, he threw his controller onto the ground after being brutally defeated by me (*cough cough* again). He put on Star Wars 6 and left the room. He came back with a pile of blankets and threw them on the couch. We wrapped up into the excessive amount of blankets and cuddled while watching the movie.

After the movie was over, I felt the tiredness slap me in the face. Gerard noticed and picked me up. I didn't realize we were going to his room until we got there. He laid me down on one side and crawled onto the other side soon after. He brushed the hair out of my face and placed a soft kiss onto my lips. I gently kissed back. Once we parted, I snuggled into his chest and right before I fell into sub-consciousness, I could faintly hear him say "I love you."

~~~

Morning came and Gerard was still in bed, so I didn't bother getting up. I curled up in the blankets and tried not to make too much movement so I wouldn't wake up Gerard. I drifted back off to sleep for a little while longer until he woke up. I felt him shift his position and found myself awake once again. I opened my eyes and he moved so he was at eye level with me.

"Good morning," he whispered and kissed me softly. I smiled lightly.

We eventually got up and went out to the kitchen to get some food. He threw a jar of Nutella at me. I caught it and set it on the counter while he got out the fixings for making pancakes. We enjoyed our breakfast and decided to not go anywhere during the day. Gerard decided to draw and since I haven't in quite a while, I went over to Logan's place and got my sketch pad and an old box of Copic markers. I got back to Gerard's and sat on the couch cross-legged next to him.

"I didn't know you drew." He said.

"Doesn't mean I'm good, though."

"I don't care if you're not a good artist. That's not gonna change how I feel about you." He looked at me.

"I know." He looked away and went back to drawing. "I mean if it did change the way you felt about me, then you've got some pretty high standards." He smiled. "What are your standards?"

He stopped drawing "I don't know."

"You don't know what you look for in a person?"

He paused. "I look for someone who is nice, beautiful. Someone who doesn't like me just for my talent or what I do."

I looked at him and smiled. "Those are some fine standards you got there." He looked at me and returned the smile. There was a bit of silence between us for a bit. I was finished with the drawing that I was doing and set my drawing pad and markers on the floor and rested my head on Gerard's shoulder. I pulled my feet up onto the couch and rested my hands on my knees.

Night came and we were in bed. My head rested on his chest. His heart beat relaxed. My arms wrapped around him. He was playing with a strand of my hair, which notified me that he was still awake.

"Gerard?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

He placed a kiss on the top of my head. "I love you too."