Part 12

READER'S P.O.V.

                I walked out of my room. "Logan, can I borrow the Jeep?"

                "I don't know? Can you?"

                "I'm so sorry, professor. May I borrow the Jeep?"

                "Yes ya may." He handed me the key. "Just be safe."

                "Sure, mom."

                I headed out and went to the mall since I needed new clothes and stuff since I was going to live here for a while. I also searched for places to work since I was going to need the money to get my own place and car.

                I shopped for around 4 hours until I felt that I needed to go. While on my way home I found a small bookstore. I thought that I might as well look around. I found a few new manga books and picked up a couple other books just for the heck of it. I left after, of course, seeing if they had any job openings. Luckily they did and I picked up an application.

                I went home at around 5 and found the house empty and cleaner than it was before I left. Logan wasn't home. He must've had work and got picked up by one of his band mates. I dropped everything I had on my bed and went out to the living room with my laptop. I saw that Gerard's bag was still here. As soon as I opened my laptop, Gerard came. He stopped before walking into the living room and sat next to me. He looked at what I was doing on my laptop, which was writing something for my Tumblr. He looked at me and smiled. I noticed him smiling and gave him a confused look.

                "What?" I asked.

                "Nothing. I can't have the freedom of looking at someone and smiling?"

                "No." I said jokingly.

                "Well, okay then." He mouthed. After a few minutes, Gerard looked at me again. "Hey, I'm taking you out to dinner. So go get ready,"

                I closed my laptop and got up and walked to my room. I grabbed the new pair of Converse I bought today, cut off the tags, and put them on. I thought about how weird it was that I was just casually going out to eat with Gerard. Yeah, sure, we're friends, but it was strange since he was just doing random acts of kindness for me. Not to mention the whole thing that happened last night.

                I grabbed my bag and left the house with Gerard close beside me.

                He took me to a local restaurant. It wasn't too fancy, but it wasn't exactly what was considered fast food. We had a nice time and had some good conversations, but the whole thing kinda got me thinking.

                I think I like him.

                Well, I always have liked him, but in a way that a fan likes a singer. Nothing more, nothing less.

                We got home and he stayed for a bit longer. We watched an episode of Doctor Who, because why not. Gerard looked at me again. The same way he looked at me before. A slight smirk, but so small that it could almost go unnoticed.

                "You're doing it again." I say.

                "You seem like you have a problem with me looking at you. Do you?"

                "No, I just think that you should save your eyes for someone else."

                Great, I just made that escalate quickly.

                "What do you mean by that?"

                "Nothing, just forget what I said."

                "Of course it means something. It has to or you wouldn't have said it."

                I was silent.

                "Do you think that I shouldn't look at you the way I do, because you feel that I shouldn't be attracted to you?"

                Did he just say...?

                Before I could think anything else, he faced me, brushed the hair out of my face and hugged me. He let go and leaned his back against the arm of the couch.

                "(f/n), can I confess something to you?" he asked looking at his hands which were currently in his lap.

                "Sure" I did the same as him and leaned up against the arm of the couch with my legs crossed.

                "(f/n), I've only known you for around 2 weeks, but I know more about you than I know about any other fan I've met. I know that you feel like you don't get any love from anyone in this world, but I guess that's why I'm here."

                Is he? He can't be!

                "(f/n), I really like you. And I know that you've just been through so much, and if you feel that you don't want to be in a relationship right now, I'd be okay with that. Just know that when you are, I'll be here waiting."

                I was on the verge of tears when he stopped. He must've noticed, because he looked at me concerned.

                "Hey, what's wrong? Was it something I said?"

                I mindlessly threw my arms around him which surprised him a little. He hugged back nuzzling his face into my hair.

                "So should I be taking this as a yes, or is this the nicest rejection ever?"

                I laughed repositioning myself so we were in a comfortable position. My head was resting against his chest and his hands were resting on my stomach. We both ended up falling asleep cuddling. The only light emitted from the soft glow of the Christmas lights that were supposedly still up from last year. The night that my life took a wonderful turn ended with the warm feeling of Gerard's arms wrapped around me and the knowledge that the man that I looked up to for hope when I was feeling depressed, hurt, or suicidal, likes me.

A/N: Hey guys. Tomorrow is the last day of school for me and I won't be on here for a while. I probably won't update until around the week of June 28. So this is probably the last chapter I will write for a while. I quickly write another shorter chapter before then. And if I don't at least this chapter ended on a nice note. I promise that once I get back I'll update as soon as possible.

I love you.

Aquaria