20

16:33 pm | June 9th|LA, Horizon Plaza|

16:33 pm | June 9th
|LA, Horizon Plaza|

I struggled as i held two bags full of clothes and in my other hand Brynns cinnamon  coated pretzel, that i would sneakily take bites of when her back was turned .

"Cmon let's go over there , Julian loves Louis Vuitton" Brynn exclaimed as we walked across the mall to the store .

Julian's birthday was coming up so Brynn decided to leave Devyn with him and ask me to go to the mall with her to pick him out a gift.

We'd been in a hundred stores already but she couldn't find the perfect thing and with her being seven months pregnant- it was taking even longer to get around.

We walked past the Cartier store on our way down and as we were walking past , something caught Brynns eyes causing her to stop in her tracks.

"Oh my Goddddd Nova!" she practically screamed as she walked into the store .

I followed after her with a small sigh , my feet were killing me . This was giving me flashbacks to my highschool years , Brynn was always the popular one out of the both of us.

Nova pulled my sister into a hug before they both swung from side to side "Brynn , i haven't seen you in so long .. where's your son?" she asked .

They chatted away for a while , laughing and joking as i stood by the register where the bracelets were .

I looked over them as the diamonds twinkled under the dim light inside the store , i had always loved the way the Cartier bracelets looked.

I kept looking before my browsing was interrupted by the sound of a familiar voice "Ight so they said that the ring you picked out was only in sizes 2-5-" I turned around to see a surprised looking Mizani.

His face fell , like he had seen a ghost "Kam.." he started .

I frowned as i looked between him and Nova .. they were here together.

"So this is why you haven't been answering my calls for the past few days ?" i asked as a feeling of realization washed over me .

His expression contorted into one of regret "Ma-" i put up my hand to stop him from talking "I don't even wanna hear what you have to say , i get it now" i cut him off and walked out of the store.

My eyes stung with tears as i speed walked to the parking lot , trying my hardest not to let these strangers see me crying in public.

I felt so confused , i thought we were really starting to become more than just friends that kiss .

He was there for me throughout the time i was grieving , for fucks sake he was the person i chose to call after finding out my best friend died.

Not my sister , not my mom .. him.

Just for him to just throw that all in my face , just for it all to be some kinda game .

I'm sitting at home constantly thinking about him , ready to settle down and actually commit for once , i thought i really found someone real this time .

But i was wrong , he was there with Nova in Cartier looking for rings .

A fucking supermodel and the son to LA's most loved power couple - and then there was me the assistant director of a Trading company .

I was nothing special , i don't know why i allowed myself to fantasies about me and him together even for a while .

I climbed into the passengers side of the car before slamming the door shut , opening up the floodgates .

I brought my hands up to my face and began to sob uncontrollably.

i don't know why i was crying - i know that the whole situation wasn't that serious but everything is happening all at once .

The fact that Zenia's dead is adding salt to the wound , i know exactly what she would've said if she was still here .

__________________________
"Tighten up and stop crying , fuck that nigga if he wanna play you then let him because you know and i know that you're a beautiful, amazing person so it's fine .. in the long run he just playing himself"
__________________________

She was the best at giving advice , it could be harsh but in the grand scheme of things it was always exactly what you needed to hear .

I miss her so much and Mizani knew how hard it was for me when she died , i trusted him .. he let me trust him just to do this . I opened up to him and allowed myself to be vulnerable just for him to turn around and do this.

I couldn't forgive him for this , i wouldn't forgive him for this .

Sniffling , i wiped the tears off of my face and the snot from my nose before looking in the rear view to make sure i didn't look completely terrible .

The car light turned on again as Brynn slipped into the drivers seat .

We sat in silence for a few seconds before she broke it "It's his loss Kam , you can do better.. you deserve better " she stated before starting up the car and pulling out the parking lot.

One thing about Brynn was that she was blunt when she wanted to be , even though it can come off as cold , it was her way of being truthful.

She had always been that was even when we were younger , it was comforting in a way , the way she spoke made whatever she said seem even more sincere .

I sniffled one last time before resting my head on the window , watching the scenery go by as she pulled away from the mall and down the highway.

"You feeling some wingstop ..?" she asked , briefly looking between me and the road "Lemon pepperrrr , Mango habaneroo and some cajun corn" she sung causing me to crack a small smile.

"Yeah sure" i said gently as she smile , bringing her hand over to mine , giving it a small squeeze.

She drove towards the nearest wing stop so we could pick up some food .

Even though i was kinda excited for the cajun corn my mind still wandered .

Brynn's word's constantly playing on repeat in my head "you can do better.. you deserve better" .. she was right.

Fuck Hakeem Peirce.

__________

𝚃𝙷𝙰𝙽𝙺𝚂 𝟺 𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙶

vote & comment

share your opinions + show some love <3

- chichibean 😚