16

13:44 pm | June 3rd|LA, Luxury Landing Apartments |

13:44 pm | June 3rd
|LA, Luxury Landing Apartments |

I shuffled around in my bed , twisting and turning like how i had been for the past three days . Everything felt so weird , i felt so far , like i was living life in third person.

My eyes cracked open as the light shining through the window gleamed into them, "Wake up ma , I made you breakfast " Mizani called out to me as he shook my shoulder gently .

I let out a small sigh before i sat up in the bed , i leaned my back against the headboard as a tray consisting of - Pancakes, bacon and blueberries sat on a plate with a glass of orange juice on the side.

I smiled at the face he made using the bacon as a smile and the blueberries as eyes , i looked back up at him "Thank you Zani" i thanked .

He gave me a peck on the forehead before stealing a blueberry and leaving the room to clean up the kitchen.

Mizani had been with me since Zenia's funeral, he's been so kind by cooking for me and just trying to cheer me up with small gestures. He's made this whole situation slightly better and for that i'm grateful.

I still felt like shit though , the thought of my best friend not being here anymore bought tears to my eyes .

I felt solely responsible for her death , if i was just paying attention or if i had just not tried to grab the phone back , she would still be here.

When her mom yelled at me like that in the cemetery, telling me it was all my fault . No one said anything but Jay and Zani , not her siblings , not her dad , not even Brynn objected.

It was like their silence spoke for them , they all agreed.

Everything was just suffocating, it felt like the walls were closing in on me and all i could do was sit there and wait for my fate .

I thought as i stabbed into my pancake , taking small bites and taking sips of my juice in between.

After a few more minutes i had finished my meal and set the tray to the side , swinging my feet over the bed and standing up to make my way to the kitchen.

As i walked out if my room i saw Mizani leaned against the counter as he spoke on the phone i'm a hushed voice .

I shrugged it off , he was most likely just having a private conversation with a family member or friend . I walked past him and sat down on the couch , my eyes now glued to the episode of modern family that played on the screen.

Shortly after Mizani sat down next to me , placing an arm around my shoulder.

I leaned into his arm more , liking the warmth that his body radiated .