𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

APRIL WAS ALREADY EXHAUSTED WHEN SHE WALKED into school the next day

APRIL WAS ALREADY EXHAUSTED WHEN SHE WALKED into school the next day. After Scott came back, she and Stiles had shown him the den that they found, and then they had called the police. They explained to Stiles's dad what they saw, and then Scott's dad showed up, and it all went to crap after that. Mr. Tate found the doll, and he started freaking out.

They had been up pretty much all night, and she was only able to get, like, half an hour of sleep. She was tired and cranky, and she really did not have the energy to deal with another crisis at that moment. That was why her stomach completely dropped when she turned a corner and saw someone standing there.

Elijah.

The flashbacks came rapidly as she watched him lean up against the lockers and flirt with a girl. She froze in place, vividly remembering the night that they were trapped in that cellar, the night she tried to save her aunt, the night she failed to do so. It all came flooding back.

She was sure that she was seeing something, that she was having another vision like the one in the woods the day before, but she blinked her eyes, pinched herself, everything. He was still there. How the hell was he there? She thought he moved after everything that happened, after she wasn't able to come up with enough evidence to send him to jail, after she wasn't able to tell anyone what happened that night.

She did not know what to do. She did not know whether she wanted to kill him or cry or both. She could not move. It was like her feet were frozen in place. The boy that killed the only family she had left was standing ten feet away from her, and she couldn't do anything about it. Then, he looked up, saw her, and smirked. It made her blood boil more than anything that had ever happened in her life. She had never had the true urge to harm anyone more than what she felt at that moment. But she still could not move.

Finally, she felt a hand wrap around her arm and tug her into an empty classroom. She was still in shock when she was suddenly face-to-face with Isaac. She could faintly hear him asking if she was okay as he tried to steady her, and she became slightly aware that she was shaking. "April, can you hear me?"

"What?" she asked, finally snapping out of her trance and allowing her eyes to flicker up to meet his. Him talking allowed her to come to the awful realization that she had not been seeing things and that whatever was happening was real.