𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

EVER SINCE THE DAY that Jackson sat out of tryouts once he saw that Scott was smelling people, April had been a little curious as to why

EVER SINCE THE DAY that Jackson sat out of tryouts once he saw that Scott was smelling people, April had been a little curious as to why. Of course, it might have been that her friend had been really weird, and Jackson just didn't want to be a part of it. However, maybe Isaac wasn't the only supernatural that Scott sensed in the locker room that day.

They were in PE, and Coach Finstock was having them climb a rock wall in pairs. April and Danny were up first.

"Has Jackson been acting weird recently?" April questioned curiously as she and her friend were suspended from the air. She reached up and grabbed ahold of the purple rock above her on the wall. She figured now would be the best time to ask questions because he was stuck up there with her, and he couldn't run away.

"He's always acting weird," Danny answered from next to her with a curious glance in her direction, "Why? You two hooking up or something?"

She scrunched her face up in disgust and confusion. How could he think that she had hooked up with Jackson? Forget the fact that he was gross and an asshole, but Lydia was her friend. "Ew, no. I was just wondering because Lydia was pretty upset about their break up, and I wanted to see how Jackson was doing, you know?"

"No, but okay," the Mahealani boy responded, shrugging before looking up to grasp the rock above him and pull himself even further up the wall. "I'll bet you twenty bucks that I can beat you to the top."

"Deal," the blonde agreed quickly. With a mischievous smile, she reached up and grabbed Danny's shirt. She yanked it down, pulling as hard as she could without tearing the fabric. He lost his hold and fell down the wall. He grabbed ahold of a rock a couple inches below April's foot.

She smirked as he stared up at her with a shocked and somewhat betrayed look on his face, muttering, "Cheater."

"All's fair in love and rock walls," the blonde shrugged with a grin, making her way to victory. She tapped the top, cheering as she did. She kicked off the wall, and she lowered down. She beamed at Danny, who glared at her until she went down.

 Once her feet touched the mat, she unhooked her harness and clipped the rope back onto the wall as Coach congratulated her from behind. "Great job, Sharpe. Let's go, Danny. We don't have all day." Just as he said that, the boy reached the top and began coming down.