𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

THE DRIVE ON THE WAY TO AND FROM the hospital was silent

THE DRIVE ON THE WAY TO AND FROM the hospital was silent. Neither the aunt nor the niece said a word to each other, only to the doctors and nurses that took care of the blonde. The cover story was that the police station was shot up, which wasn't a total lie.

They gave her some pain medicine that she could take if her arm was ever bothering her a lot, and they also wrapped it in a bandage.

April walked into the house with her arm bandaged, and Ashley followed behind her. Once the door was closed, the strawberry blonde crossed her arms. "Now that I know that you're okay, you wanna tell me what the hell just happened? And no lies, April. I want the truth and nothing but the truth."

"I don't know where to start," the blonde girl muttered, wincing at her aunt's tone.

"Oh, I don't know," Ashley said with a sarcastic shrug. "Why don't you start by telling me what the hell that thing that tried to kill all of us was?"

April breathed out, "It's a really long story. Um, that was a Kanima."

"A what now?" the strawberry blonde questioned with raised eyebrows and a confused expression. The younger girl could tell that she was still extremely angry though.

"A Kanima, and Matt, the guy that shot Scott, controls him and gets him to kill the people he doesn't like," the Sharpe girl explained, looking down at her feet so that she didn't have to look her aunt in the eye. "Oh, and Scott and Derek are werewolves. That's why he's fine."

The Sommers woman scoffed, rolling her eyes in disbelief. She clearly knew it was true but was not letting herself believe it. "That's not possible. Werewolves aren't real."

"Really? You're gonna say that after everything you saw tonight?" April questioned her aunt. She was surprised how not willing the woman was to believe her considering a lizard monster got all up close and personal with her.

She did not have a response for that and went quiet for a moment. They just stared at each other with unreadable expressions until her eyes softened and she decided to speak up again. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Knowing would only put you in danger," the blonde told her. It was a horrible excuse, and she knew that. But it was true. She couldn't risk having another parent figure leave or die because of her. "I couldn't lose anyone else. I needed to protect you."