𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"SO THIS KID'S THE REAL KILLER?" Sheriff Stilinski questioned as he stared down at Matt's picture in the yearbook

"SO THIS KID'S THE REAL KILLER?" Sheriff Stilinski questioned as he stared down at Matt's picture in the yearbook. Well, technically, he wasn't the sheriff anymore.

Stiles nodded, from his seat, looking up at Scott and April who were standing next to him. "Yeah."

"No," the man said, shaking his head in response. This caused the three teenagers to look at him in shock, pleading with their eyes for him to believe them. If he didn't more people could and would die.

"Dad, come on," the younger Stilinski begged, standing up from his chair and pushing it back. "Everyone knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So, all you have to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

The ex-sheriff sighed, "Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris's class."

"All right, okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?" He already knew the answer to the question, but he was just trying to get his father to see the light.

"No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges," the father told them, and Stiles whipped around to give his two best friends an 'I told you so' look. "But that doesn't prove anything. Scott, April, do you two believe this?"

The blonde girl nodded as the McCall boy answered, "It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt."

"Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him."

Noah gave in, looking at his son in question. "All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles exclaimed, and all three of the other people in the room raised their eyebrows because it most definitely wasn't. "Our swim team sucks! That haven't won in, like, six years. Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?"