Chapter 10

I was so shocked, that I didn’t even respond. He just stood there kissing me, while I stared wide-eyed at him. After a few seconds though, I finally kissed back.

 My whole body felt on fire, as he kissed me deeply, and pulled me closer to him. His hand clenched my hip, pushing his body against mine; pinning me to the wall.

 My back arched, pushing my chest into his body. He cupped my face with his hands, trying to make the kiss deeper than it already was. He ran his tongue against my lower lip begging for entrance. I was about to give it to him, when the speaker came on.

 “With Act number 22, performing Silent Love, here is Miss Taylor Lewis, and Mister Shawn Evans.”

 I pushed myself away from his lips; breaking off the kiss.

 Taking a deep breath, I sashayed out on the stage into my entrance pose.

 There something about the stage that I loved. Dancing wasn’t really my thing, but I loved the thrill of performing and performing well. Not to mention the stories we tell in each of our dances.

 I was the deaf mute girl, whom Shawn falls in love with.

 Ironic huh? Except for the deaf part.

 But Coach Libby saw it fitting, as that is how I live daily, and could easily relate.

 As the music finished, with Shawn and me staring intently at each other, portraying the look of love, the audience applauded. I curtseyed, and took my exit off the stage, heading straight for the dressing room.

 “Great job you two,” Shawn’s mother said, as I saw her outside the door. “It was beautiful.”

 I smiled at her, grateful for her reassurance that we did not completely suck.

 “I couldn’t ask for more,” Coach Libby said. “I saw chemistry out there, brilliantly done!”

 I blushed, knowing fully well the reason why it was so full of chemistry.

 “Thanks, Coach.” Shawn said a slight pinkish tinge to his cheeks.

 I went to the bathroom to change into the warm up outfits. The whole time, my head was consumed with the thought of Shawn kissing me.

Why did he do it? Does he like me? He can’t like me. Is he playing with me again?

I quickly changed, and went back for my bag before awards. I couldn’t think about Shawn right now, I had more important things to worry about. I needed to make it Regionals. I don’t have any other reason for dancing if I didn’t.

 The whole Xtreme Dancing Competition team and I entered the stage together, as awards were starting. I was more nervous for this than my actual routines.

 “Now for the awards for the Teen Solo Division,” the announcer called.

 I looked up at her attentively. This was it. My division.

 She began announcing names. By the time third place began, my name hadn’t been called yet.

 “In third place we have,” she called out. She took a dramatic pause and said, “Stephanie Nickels with Freedom.”

 I clapped for her, but still nervous as my heart tried to escape my chest.

 “In Second place we have,” she called out, pausing a little bit longer.

 My hands were sweaty and my stomach was flipping inside out.

 The awards is where I get nervous, dancing was no problem.