Chapter 3

Memory
——————————————————————

At a young age, witches are already indoctrinated to despise the royals. Those elegant robes, sparkling jewels, and big crowns were the exact reasons how much of a threat royals were to witches. Royals are merely a family of rich people with vast territories and armies. They are entitled only because of their golds, and are powered by the people who look up to them as if they were heavens. But on the dark side, they were just a bunch of greedy, ignorant, and egostistical traitors who wanted everything as their possessions. That is why witches fled from the outside world, separated and terrified.

Adelaide was only seventeen when the Cordelias lost the last purest before her. She was the real wicked witch whom Adelaide followed. Ruella was Adelaide's great grandmother who chose her to become the next purest of their clan. She was the one who taught her everything, from magic to forgiveness. Even with the wickedness Ruella has, she always tend to forgive people who betrayed her. For her, forgiveness does not have to change the past, but rather the future. And until Ruella's last breath, she never failed to remember how to forgive.

But for Adelaide, what happened to her family was enough for her to resent the royals—specifically the king. It may seem infantile, but she knows that she cannot condone King Theodor the 3rd for the heinous crimes he committed to her kind.

Napakurap si Rios nang matamaan ng araw ang kaniyang mukha. Unti-unti siyang dumilat habang dahan-dahan naman na bumangon mula sa pagkakahiga.

Rios couldn't remember what happened to him, although he did remember where he was and what he was doing there. He cupped his head when a vein pounded.

"Hayop." mura niya habang pabarag barag na naglakad paalis sa silid na pinagmulan niya.

He immediately saw the familiar lady whose name he forgot. "Hi, sino ka nga ulit?" walang preno niyang tanong pagkarating sa mesa.

Aldeheid slowly poured the juice she made into Rios's cup. "Wow, salamat." sambit niya pa bago tinungga ang baso, halatang naubusan ng tubig sa katawan.

"Ano pala ang nangyare? Ba't ako tulog na naman?" panimula niya bago napasapo ng noo.

Aldeheid simply look at him before she drinks her tea, "You fainted."

"Iyon lang?"

She added, "And cried."

"Teka—ano?" mabilis pa sa alas kwatro na napatayo si Rios sa inuupuan, "Ako? Iiyak? Luh! Di nga raw ako umiyak noong ipinanganak ako ng nanay ko, eh!" pagmamalaki niya pa.

"You sure you weren't dead for three minutes after you were born?" unbothered Adelaide.

"Gago! Hindi, ah! Miracle baby kaya ako!" sambit niya pa bago umupo ulit para lantakin ang nakahandang pagkain.

"So, you were dead." bulong nalang ng dalaga sa napagtanto.

"Dito na pala ako nagpalipas ng gabi?" Rios in the middle of chewing.

Adelaide could only wince in disgust, "No. You only slept for thirty minutes."

"Talaga? Eh, ba't may pancakes?"

"Because you just woke up."

"Eh, hapon na." he emphasized.

She shrugged, "Still you just woke up, so it means it's the second start of your day." she joked seriously like she always does with Delilah, but she guess her humor does not match with the prince's.

Hindi niya nalang ito pinansin nang makitang litong-lito na. Adelaide let him eat for as much as his stomach wants before she told him to leave after he's done.