Chapter 1

Rebellious Prince
——————————————————————

Rios woke up with sore all over his body. His knees were shivering as if he was left out of the cold all evening, his back was though—carrying the weight of the alpha's responsibilities, and his swollen, red eyes made him look as if he was sick. He stared at the mirror for the second time and minutes later came to conclusion that he was literally sick.

He went out of his narrowed room to look for a medicine to cure his sore. He could easily just get it from the mansion but he's worried that he might encounter both alpha and beta inside, especially now that he hasn't yet gotten any answer from the wicked witch.

A pang appeared in his head. He poked his eyes, believing it could stop the pain. But the moment he realized what he was doing, he halted.

"Teka nga..." aniya sa sarili habang pilit na inaalala ang nangyare.

"How the hell did I get home?" his brows furrowed in confusion, "Ba't ako tulog?"

He stared at his slippers so long that he almost glued his eyes onto it. He tried tracing everything he remembered before he found himself in his bed. At sa oras na maalala niya ay siyang pagdaloy ng kaba sa kaniyang dibdib.

His fingers immediately found his hair and without hesitation, he grabbed a palm full and pulled them in annoyance.

"Tangina! Putangina!" he cursed and pulled another palm full again, and again.

"Nakulam ba naman ako!" iyak niya habang pilit pa ring sinasabunutan ang sariling mga buhok.

Rios is staying at a small space, but it has everything he needs: a bed that is too little for his height, a bathroom which only occupies a space that's enough for him to stand and shower, with—of course, a little broken mirror on the side to at least give him a glance of something beautiful whenever he's down and hopeless, he also once had a mono-block chair that was then upgraded to a club chair after Jarriet loses to him from a bet, and probably the only expensive thing he's got from the town, and lastly, the most important thing he has was the crate he found in the forest which stored his precious possessions—his royal swords.

Indeed the smallest room a prince could ever have, but for him, it was better than staying in a palace that was more of a jail than a home.

Gustuhin man ni Rios na mangbato ng kung ano-ano dahil sa inis ay hindi niya pa rin magawa sa kadahilanang wala na siyang iba pang gamit sa loob. He could only shove his face onto his pillow and let out the quietest scream he's ever heard.

Hindi kasi ito pwede sumigaw dahil katabi lang ng maliit niyang kweba ang tirahan ng mga aso ng mansion. And one loud shout could wake the whole pack, at kung mangyare man iyon ay yare siya kay Harrison, ang alpha ng Malcolm.

You see, even after escaping from the King's wrath, Rios is still living with limits.

Malcolm is the place Rios hides from his father—or rather his throne. It was the place they used to go with his mother when she was still young and alive. Malcolm is the only hybrid town in Fordice that lets humans live with hybrids, even with the fact that humans must be treated as slaves by hybrids. But the town was against the hybrid law which then made Malcolm an independent town of Fordice, that has its own rules and power. It was the high respect the town has that made Rios stay. Rios might be both a prince and a hybrid, but his mom was still a human.

In spite of everything, a good place with good people comes with a price.

Dahil sa dugong nangangalatay sa kaniya ay nagkaroon siya ng dahilan upang makapasok sa bayan. His identity as the Prince of Avrieda, who is second in the line of succession to the throne, was the privilege he used to Alpha Harrison Malcolm the 7th, despite ending up in a cave-like room. Pero ayos na 'yon kesa naman mapunta siya sa ibang bayan na mas mahigpit.