All For You (Rosekiller🌶️)

All For You
By
Dramaticwitchbitch

Evan was pining. He knew he was. But simply knowing that did not make him feel less pathetic. It should be impossible to fall in love with one's best friend. But Evan's poor heart had gone and done it anyway. Barty, of course, was wholly oblivious to Evan's pining. Evan supposed it was a blessing anyway. He wasn't sure if their friendship would survive the thing.

The thing was what Evan called his quiet obsession with Barty that threatened to burst into a huge love confession along the lines of, love me like I love you, let's grow old together; every time Barty smiled at him. Or flirted with him. Or just sat next to him, smelling sinfully good. Or just existing in Evan's vicinity. Evan had it bad.

But Barty didn't know. And Barty flirted with everyone. Evan had even seen him trying to charm Lily Evans after she had deducted 10 points from Slytherin after she had caught them charming Snapes' hair to grow an inch every time he sneered at somebody. Thinking back on it, Evan was sure she had been more horrified by Barty's attempted flirting than the actual prank itself. Snapes' hair had trailed from the Great Hall down to the Slytherin common room.
Usually, Barty was quite excellent at flirting tough. After all, he had snogged most of the Slytherins in their year. Even Regulus, once, when he had been a sad drunk sniffling over Potter. With his stupid hair, stupid sexy glasses, and very sexy fingers. There had been no flirting involved on this occasion though. Barty had just wanted to cheer Regulus up and had aimed for a kiss on the cheek. But at this point, Regulus had started to hiccup slightly and jerked when Barty had leaned in. This had resulted in a full-on smack on the lips. Regulus had turned scarlet, yelped that he would never betray sodding Potter that way, and had scampered off to bed. To this day he denied that the incident had even happened. Ever so often Barty liked to bring it up to take the piss and watch Regulus turn bright red every single time.

Right now Evan was sitting in the library trying to do his charms homework when Barty sauntered in and flopped down in the chair opposite him. His hair styled into artful waves, the top two buttons of his dress shirt unbuttoned, and the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, he looked like every wet dream Evan had ever had. He was even wearing cologne for fucks sake.

"Got a date?", Evan asked, even if he didn't want to know the answer to that question. "Nope.", Barty retorted, popping the 'p' and resting his elbows on the table. "Why do you ask?"

"You're all dressed up that's all. Normally you'd go out on a date like this."

"Aww.", Barty cooed. "You think I look pretty, but no Evan my love it is all for you."

Evan wasn't sure he had heard Barty correctly. It was not uncommon for Barty to refer to Evan as 'my love' or 'my rose' and drop innuendos but the actual flirting with Evan was new. "So, you just dressed up, spritzed on some cologne to sit next to me in the library hoping to seduce me?" Evan did not know where that had come from but somehow in that moment, he had been braver than he thought he could be. Judging by the look on Barty's face he had not expected Evan to react that way, or even further comment on what he had said. If Evan didn't know any better, he thought that Barty looked flustered. Barty opened his mouth as if to say something, but all words had left him. Finally, he mumbled something Evan could not quite catch. "Sorry, what was that."
Slowly Barty's lips spread into a smirk, eyes raised to meet Evans, a determined look in his eyes. "So what if that was exactly what I was doing!" Now Evan was the flustered one. Barty's gaze was challenging, almost sincere. At this moment Evan thought his friend was cruel, playing with his feelings like that. Because it was not real. This was just Barty being Barty. And Barty did not know about Evan's huge crush. He did not know that Evan's heart broke a little at the statement because he knew that Barty was just kidding. "Shove off.", Evan muttered, his voice slightly wobbly. Something he could not place flashed in Barty's eyes and then Barty frowned slightly. "Alright, I'll leave you to it then.", Barty sniffed haughtily and pushed his chair back, which made a horrible screeching noise on the wooden floors. With that, he sauntered out of the library presenting Evan with a view of his delicious butt. Puzzled Evan turned back to his essay, not sure what this whole ordeal had been exactly. But somehow, he had managed to piss Barty off.

Favs of Ao3On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara