Chapter 14

|Shopping with mother-in-law|

Sheza walked back toward the dining room and found the table immaculately cleaned, devoid of any traces of mess. However, her mother-in-law was nowhere to be seen. She decided to make her way to the living room, where she discovered her mother-in-law engrossed in a phone conversation. A man was diligently organizing files on the substantial glass table in the room.

Sheza observed her mother-in-law's attire, which consisted of a sleek black suit. The suit was complemented by a black and white tie, adding a touch of sophistication to her ensemble. She also wore form-fitting pants that accentuated her professional appearance.

Sheza had a habit of getting lost in her thoughts, and it was rather endearing

Sheza had a habit of getting lost in her thoughts, and it was rather endearing. Her zoning out moments often made her look charmingly absent-minded. In this particular instance, even as Maira approached her, she was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't notice Maira's presence until she was right in front of her.

Maira took Sheza's right wrist and guided her, leading the way towards the main entrance with a determined stride.

Sheza let out a surprised yelp as she attempted to resist Maira's insistent pull. However, Maira seemed unfazed by her protests and continued leading her outside towards the garage.

Finally, as they reached their destination, Sheza came to a halt, breathing heavily. She couldn't help but notice the difference between her shorter legs and Maira's long, slender ones.

Sheza took a deep breath in an attempt to calm her rapidly beating heart. As she did so, Maira turned around with a mischievous, wide grin and said,

"Get in,"

Confused by Maira's actions, Sheza followed her gaze and noticed that Maira was indicating towards the car. She looked back at Maira with her big, pleading puppy eyes, but Maira responded with a stern glare.

Sheza sighed internally in resignation, accepting her fate, and made her way to the passenger seat. Maira settled in beside her and swiftly drove off.

As they exited the garage and approached the main entrance, the guards promptly opened the electronic gates. about Maira's dominance within the mafia hierarchy and her influence over the guards. Maira held a position of power and respect among the guards, symbolizing her authority within the criminal organization.