𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐭.𝟐

wc:2

wc:2.9k
warnings: mid angst, cursing, no happy ending, plot holes maybe?, NOT PROOFREAD, idk lmk if I missed any.

!!MUSIC ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE!!

A/N: I spent days writing this, so may or may not make sense😭

You froze, you'd abandoned all hopes of life but yet there you were. In the hold of someone as your adrenaline died down. Your heart was pounding as you looked up at your savior; "Who are you?" You asked, voice shaky as you waited for a response. "I can't tell you right now, it's like me asking for your social security number." The masked man chuckled, trying to lighten the mood but instead, he was met with a confused stare, he cleared his throat before continuing. "I'll tell you later kid." He said, grabbing you again and swinging away. You looked at Miles and Gwen and couldn't help but wonder; "Would I be better off just dead?" no. You told yourself, snapping yourself out of your thoughts. You were given another chance and you wouldn't put it to waste.

You stared at the man who had saved you, he was...familiar. But in a way so unknown; he adorned a similar mask to Miles', with the only difference being the color scheme. He wore red and blue, not the black and red you'd grown accustomed to. He looked older, his eyes looked more tired under the mask. The idea of another Spiderman wasn't truly foreign but it still surprised you.
He landed on top of a building and set you down, quietly scanning you for any injuries, but instead noticing your disheveled state. "I know this isn't ideal.." The man muttered, smoothing down your hair as he looked down at you with care. His parental instincts quickly kicked in, "Feeling ok? Nothing broken?" He asked, concern lacing his tone. "I could've died." You said, hands shaking as you brought them up to cover your face as the realization dawned on you. "Hey, it's ok! I saved you, everything's ok." He cooed, trying to reassure you. His efforts were futile as a couple of tears fell from your eyes. "You never told me who you were," You whispered, too exhausted from everything to even talk. "Oh right, I'm Peter, Peter B. Parker." He said, pulling his mask off to reveal a man in his 30s. He smiled, "Yup...I'm an old man, still kicking it as Spiderman though." Peter said, making you laugh, it felt good. It was a relief to find some good in an otherwise shit day. "You're a good Spiderman Mr. Parker," you sighed, wiping the dried tears off your cheeks. "Don't call me Mr, makes me feel older than I am." He laughed, a more serious tone starting to show. "Look kid, I'm sorry. I saw that whole thing." Peter said, putting a hand on your shoulder to comfort you. "oh" embarrassment began to creep up inside you. You probably looked like an idiot, was he taking pity on you? As if taking notice of this, Peter sat up straighter before continuing. "I mentored Miles, so we're close but—God this is embarrassing." He sighed covering his face, "I never thought he would do something like that. I'm a father myself and I'm telling you, if something like that happened to my daughter...Whatever bastard did such a thing wouldn't see the end of it." You felt a hint of comfort from his words, "You have a kid?" You asked, "Well yeah—but she's way younger than you! She can't walk.." You nodded in understanding, it was endearing to see him start to ramble on about his daughter to you. "Here, just look at her," He said, taking a picture out of his pocket and shoving it in your face; "She's cute!" You smiled, looking at the small picture of a ginger baby with blue eyes. "I know right!" He grinned, putting the photo back. "So where do you live kid? I can't leave you alone on some random roof." He asked, getting up and stretching his arms. "My house is right there," You said, pointing at an apartment complex. Peter nodded and swung there in silence with you in tow.