17

A/N: Hey y'alllll guess who's back :) I'm so sorry for taking so long, I posted about it to my profile conversations but thank you to anyone who is here and reading!

Hope you enjoy :) 

Elizabeth

She was frozen in place, sitting on the bed while Robbie rambled on about the tour and how it isn't the same not coming home to her. The plastic holding the bouquet of grocery store-bought flowers crinkles as she fiddles with her fingers above it, teetering on the edge of a full-blown anxiety attack.

"What are you doing here?"

Are the first words to come out of her mouth in the past twenty minutes. Robbie comes out of the restroom, rubbing a towel through his wet hair after a post-flight shower, and grins while changing right in front of her.

"I wanted to see you. I missed you, baby."

There's that name again. He has called her only that since her incredible surprising surprise. She looks up at him, lips hesitating to form words, the only thoughts running through her head being questions.

Questions as to what brought him here, how he got into her room to begin with, why he suddenly showed up after barely answering her texts the past few days, how she was going to be able to keep it together, what she was going to do, how long he was staying, and how she was going to keep her hickeys from someone that isn't her boyfriend hidden from him.

"I-I missed you too."

The man's smile widens only more. He steps closer, cupping her cheeks in his calloused hands and pressing his lips against hers. They're rough. She nearly sneers at the itchy feeling his mustache and beard bring after prickling at her skin, but she holds her composure and returns the kiss.

Parting, she looks down at the flowers, a pang slapping into her chest with trembling fingertips.

"They're beautiful."

"I thought you'd like them. You always whine about how I never get you flowers anymore so...ta-da."

Her eyes latch onto the price tag sticker he didn't care enough to remove that reads $1.99. Not that money matters, but he didn't even care to remove the sticker. Then again, a gesture is a gesture.

Feeling her boyfriend's gaze on her, she can feel the expectation radiating off of him like some sort of internet tower sending out waves of energy.

"They are very nice, Robbie. Thank you."

"So? You gonna show me around this place? Where are we, again?"

"Sylva, North Carolina," She answers, then sighs as she feels the exhaustion of the day taking over her.

"I'm really tired, today was long so I was kind of just going to order in? We can catch up, watch a movie? We haven't seen each other in a while."

Right as the words left her mouth, she wished she could shove them back in. Staying in meant that he'd want to have sex, which also meant that he'd undoubtedly notice the bruises on her neck and chest from the regrettable night before.

He smirks and begins moving towards her yet again, his hand landing on her thigh, fingers curling around the skin in a way she knows is supposed to be enticing, but it only raises her nerves more.

"On second thought!" She shoots up to her feet, grabbing her purse from the table in the corner and clearing her throat with a beaming smile at her clueless boyfriend, "There's this cozy restaurant right down the street that is just adorable, you'd love it. Come on!"