10

A/N: Hello :) 

Carson

Her chest was heaving as sweat dribbled down from her forehead and formed beads on her chest. Carson grunts loudly as she uses her legs to bounce up, the barbell with the weights being thrusted up with her movements until her elbows land bent, barbell at her chest now.

The actress' pup barks as he tries to get his mom's attention. After she finishes her third set of her cycle with the other planned leg exercises for the day, Carson looks down at Jax and smirks.

"Your turn, bud, you ready? You know what time it is. Go get your leash!" She claps happily and once the dog hears the last sentence, he hurriedly rushes towards the wall where his leash is placed on a low-hanging hook for Jax to reach himself.

He hops up a bit to get it off the hook, the leather leash now in his mouth, not being quite able to get a good hold. Jax, still being a near five month old pup, struggles still with his efforts to try and learn for his mum, but she gives in and helps him out.

She pulls his leash and harness off the hook and helps him get into it, the little pup growing more happy by the moment, knowing he hadn't had a walk with his mum since the other week when they were in London.

Carson adopted Jax from someone whose dog gave birth to a litter of Shiba Inu puppies. She went to go see the puppies, Jax was the one that caught her attention the most. He seemed the most shy out of all the pups, sticking closer to his own mother to eat while the other two week old puppies stumbled over one another, bonding.

She noticed how distanced he was but once she sat down in the pen with them, he crawled his way over and tried to use the senses he had been trying to develop, given his eyesight was just forming and getting stronger.

The little sounds he made and what looked like a little smile once she held him made her fall for his charms immediately. Once he was ready to be taken home, she jumped right on it and claimed him as if he were her own child.

She had grown up with dogs in the family so she knew how to raise one and was glad to teach the newborn pup as soon as she could, all while giving him positive reinforcement with every mini-lesson.

Jax and Carson's love for one another is unbreakable and unbeatable, even with the short amount of time they've had together thus far.

Once everything is set, Carson leads Jax out the front door in her baseball cap and sunglasses she swiped off the counter before leaving, and they begin their walk down the streets of the protected neighborhood in Hollywood Hills.

She waves at the security guard as she passes through the gates, smiling kindly at bikers and other people on walks as she gets closer to the hills and trails. Her eyes are open, spotting paparazzi scouting for any celebrity sightings they can get. She fixes the sunglasses on her face, pulling the cap a bit lower as she switches hands with the leash, assuring Jax is on the safer inside of her, away from where bikes could pass on the trail or people could trample over her pride and joy.

Carson can feel the burning in her legs, the beating sun flashing down on her, making what is supposed to be seventy degree weather feel like one hundred degree weather.

During their walk, Jax trots along happily, sniffing around every single plant they see, every aroma of food of passerbyers.

Eventually, Carson is able to tune out the rest of the world and just focus on the nature around her and the company of her favorite boy by her side. She notices a few cameras shuttering around her but she keeps to herself, something she learned in media training and just throughout the years of her rising fame.