Chapter 7

"Ryuga, can I ask you something?" I requested during our last class. L turned his head toward me and gave a slow nod.

"Of course. Shoot."

"Do you play tennis?" With Light out of the way, I wanted to know what I missed before I came to this world. Light and L have already met, for the entrance ceremony has already passed. The next thing to happen is the tennis match, then Soichiro Yagami's heart attack, thus Light's oath to catch Kira. If this has all happened, thing event to come would be the audio tapes, and ultimately, Misa, also known as the second Kira.

And just a few days ago, an audio tape was played on Sakura television. That should be an obvious hint, but I just wanted confirmation. You can never be too careful when the person you're sitting next to in class is a serial killer.

"Why yes," L replied as I heard a small smack from his lips once he opened his mouth. He tapped his chin and looked up at the ceiling. "But it's not a sport I usually play. To be honest, I prefer to stay inside then work outside."

"I feel ya!" I chimed. I learned over and playfully slapped his back. The detective twitched and rubbed the spot I hit.

"Ouch..."

"Sorry, I guess I hit it too hard," I laughed.

"No, you're fine. I just wasn't expecting it."

"So have you played any good matches lately?"

"Oh yes, in fact, I played against Light not too long ago. I lost, but it was a close match." L motioned toward Light and I forced myself to look at Yagami. The brunette, whom sat next to me, lifted his head from his book and gave a heart warming smile.

"Yes, it was a very close match. Say, do you like tennis?" He asked, looking over at me. "If so, maybe I could teach you a few things, a few tips?"

I leaned back and my chair, huffing in annoyance. "No thank you!" I confirmed boldly. "Like L said, he would prefer to stay inside, well, so do I!"

Not knowing what to say next, Light reluctantly returns to his reading. I glance at him once before, continuing my conversation with L. Light showed a blank expression on his face, but his eyes were a bit different. He seemed to be glaring, cursing in his mind because some brilliant plan of his didn't work. No doubt he was trying to get my love and affection. Insert disgusting vomiting noises here.

Though, Misa should be on her way which meant, he'll be getting love and affection sooner or later. (And he won't always want it.)

Then again, now that I think of it, Misa has already made an appearance.
A few days ago, exactly at 5:59 p.m. the second Kira's voice recording aired on Sakura t.v. I guess that should have been another hint that I was placed not long after Death Note's eleventh episode, Assault.

I looked at both Light and L. Though it may be hard to see, both boys had their share of intrigued expressions on their faces. I know L has been suspicious of the second Kira, and if I'm not corrected, he has already made the prediction of such.

Light, I know, has already have plans for the second Kira. He's happy to know that he has admirers like that, but he doesn't like how the second Kira is ruining the original Kira reputation of justice. For the second Kira made examples of innocent people. That was something Light wouldn't do.

L, on the other hand, is also aware that the second Kira isn't the original. He has added Light to the Task Force to help investigate. Though, his suspicions of Light being Kira haven't changed at all. L still wants to prove Light is Kira, despite his father's high regard for L's opinion on the matter.
They both had some stuff on their mind. I was just a bit of leverage I guess.