Chapter 03

I woke up to the sound of my foster mother, Cammry, calling me down. "I'll be down in a minute," I said, only to cover myself with my covers once more. Apparently, yesterday was Friday and today was now Saturday. It was the weekend, which meant, I didn't have to do shit today.

I deserved a break. With all the transferring worlds, meeting my two favorite characters, and finding out that I am in extreme danger because on my situation, I was exhausted, yet I couldn't fall asleep again.

Half wake, I played over the scenes from yesterday. L, Light, waking up in the middle of the day in a strange class, the Kira reports. This was all too much for me to comprehend.

After much debate, I decided to get up. I needed something to get my mind off of all the crap happening around me.

I changed into black sweat pants and a loose t-shirt. I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs. I headed for the kitchen and searched through the cabinets.

"Where are all the sweets?" I questioned Cammry as she washed the dishes.

"What sweets? We never bought any sweets, or do you mean the sweets for Pablo? Those are in the refrigerator."

"No, I mean real sweets," I said. I never really agreed with Pablo's taste, and I doubt that I ever will.

"Oh, well you can just go to that coffee shop near by. You always go there when you wanted something sweet."

"Really?" I questioned, raising a brow.

"Yes. I can't remember the last you went, but I know that you've been there a lot," my foster mother explained.

"Oh, okay. I guess I'll go there then." I stepped out the kitchen and head for the door. Though, before I could reach the door step, someone blocked my path. There, standing at the door step, next to my shoes, was Pablo.

I shot him a slight glare as I tried to shoo him off. He wouldn't budge. He and I weren't exactly the greatest of friends, mainly because he left his droppings all over my room. He would usually pick on me, literally. He would always poke or snap at me with his bright, sharp beak. Whenever I see a hint of white, I would know that trouble would follow after.

That's right.

Pablo was my foster mother's prized, pet chicken.

I quickly tried to pass the chicken and reach for my shoes before he could peck at me again, but just as my luck would have it, his bright beak stabbed the back of my right hand.

I cried out in pain and I recoiled my hand. I looked at it to see a sphere of blood gaining from the small cut Pablo gave me. I grabbed my shoes quickly before he could make another move, put them on, and dashed out the door.

Aftermany times of taking wrong turns and getting lost, I somehow made my way to the coffee shop Cammry said that I always went to. I sat myself, and not long after, a waitress came my way.

"What would you like to order, ma'am?"

"Um...a chocolate sundae, I guess."

"Coming right up," she smiled as she left with my order. I sat there awkwardly, waiting for my dessert to come. I plagued with my nails and would casually look around the shop. As I waited, the sound of the bell from the door chimed, indicating that someone has either left or entered. Curious, I turned towards the door to see who it was. Surprisingly, my eyes caught L walking through the door. Our eyes met, and for a second there, I could do nothing but stare at his dark, bottomless, black eyes.

With sudden realization striking through me, I broke eye contact and looked down at the table, playing it off as if nothing had happened. I heard footsteps come my way and I prayed that it was the waitress, but at the same time, deep down, I wanted to talk to L again.