Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

"So no one sees them." 

I guess the purpose didn't make sense since everyone knew I had them. Though no one has ever caught a glimpse of the marks on my wrists, I've been wrapping and covering them since I got out of the hospital.

The therapist I had been seeing at the time told me covering them up the way I do causes far more harm to my healing than good.

Despite whether it was true or not, the comfort it gave me was far better than the discomfort of having them.

"Does it matter what other people think?"

"Your ex wouldn't be the nicest if she saw them at school."

He didn't say anything. His silence was him agreeing.

When Sasha came back she had brought us all a drink and Teddy was trailing close behind her.

Teddy gave me a big smile. "Hey, Ly."

"Lyra!" Amanda Owens squealed as she spotted Sasha and I in the crowded kitchen doing shots.

I set my glass on the far marble counter and looked over at her. "Hey."

"You're single right? We're getting a group of people together to spin the bottle." She held her hand out to me.

I stared at her hand before impulsively taking  her hand, grabbing Sasha's quickly, lacing our fingers together isn't before she dragged me through the crowd of people and to a circle with less than twenty of the desirables. They were all sitting on the floor with an empty beer bottle in the middle of the circle.

"Have funnn." Sasha whispered, squeezing my hand before going to sit on Teddy's lap. Who was on the couch behind...River.

For fuck sakes.

Amanda and I sat down with Jenna on her side and Nick on mine.

Amanda leaned over. "You get to spin again once, but you have to take three shots."

I was already pretty out of it now, another three shots could start me on the road of blacking out. And as long as I didn't land on River or Kol, I would be fine.

West went first and landed on Jenna. "Closet one." Amanda giggled.

Jenna got up with West and disappeared. 

Next it was Paisley and David.

Jenna, and soon Amanda then me. I glanced over at Sasha who was too busy making out with Teddy to pay attention.

I grabbed the middle of the beer bottle and spun it.

My heart dropped when it landed on Kol.

Without a second though or even a millisecond, I took the three tequila shots that were in front of me. The alcohol burned down my throat, and only intensified with each shot. I didn't mind the burn.

West and Nick bursted out laughing, while I saw River hide his snicker.

I leaned over to the bottle, ignoring the look of death Kol was giving me before I spun the bottle again and it went around and around until it. Coming to a stop just in front of River. 

My eyes met red eyes and he nodded towards the door. I pushed myself up, trying my best to walk to the closet with him. He put his hand on the small of my back and opened the door for me.

"Don't touch me." I slurred, pushing his hand off me.

The closet was much bigger than I thought. I sat down on the floor against the wall with my knees brought up  to my chest.