Family Business

As Y/N returned to the common room, he saw Draco and Daphne waiting for him, the first thing they both noticed was the blood on his hands.

"Why have you got blood on your hands? Where were you?" Draco asked as Daphne looked at Y/N.

"Are you okay?" Daphne asked as she looked Y/N in the eyes.

"I'm fine, the troll...well let's just say it's not gonna be enjoying some alone time for a while." Y/N said as Daphne looked to Draco.

"Would you give us a minute please, Draco." Daphne said as Malfoy looked to Y/N who nodded to him, he returned the nod before leaving. He stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm...I'm glad you're alive." Draco said to his cousin as Y/N looked at him.

"Don't go getting all soppy with me." Y/N said with a smile Draco smiled and shook his head before going to the dorm room. Y/N looked to Daphne who left and returned with a damp cloth.

"Give me your hand." Daphne said, kindly, but there was clearly no room for argument. Y/N held out his right hand and Daphne began using the cloth to clean the blood from his hands. "What happened?"

"I...I transformed, at least into my half werewolf form." Y/N said as Daphne nodded. "And I may or may not have ripped the trolls arm off."

Daphne raised one of her eyebrows.

"Okay, I ripped it's arm off." Y/N said as Daphne nodded calmly, she took Y/N's other hand into hers and used the cloth to start cleaning the blood off of his left hand.

"Well, at least nobody apart from the troll was hurt." Daphne said as she stopped for a moment and looked into Y/N's eyes. "I...I was worried for a minute."

"You never have to worry about me Daphne. It'd take more than a mountain troll to get rid of me." Y/N said as Daphne smiled at him, the two of them unknowingly moving closer when the portrait door opened and Snape walked in.

"Ah, Malfoy, there you are. The headmaster wishes to speak with you. Come with me please." Snape said softly as he looked at Y/N and Daphne. "Shouldn't you be readying yourself for bed Miss Greengrass?"

"Yes, I was just...doesn't matter." Daphne said as she went up to her dorm room. Y/N followed Snape to the Headmasters office.

As they walked through the corridors Y/N and Snape talked to pass the time.

"So, you and Miss Greengrass seem quite close." Snape said as Y/N lit a cigarette.

"Daphne and I have known each other for over half of our lives, we've...we've stuck by one another through some dark times." Y/N said as Snape nodded, stopping next to the statue that would lead to Dumbledores office.

"Take my advice Y/N...tell her how you feel, because that chance doesn't last forever. If you don't tell her, someone else will." Snape said as he looked at Y/N.

"Aren't I a little young to have a girlfriend though?" Y/N said as Snape smiled.

"You're not too young to admit you love her. You're not too young to love one another. Just keep it at that for now." Snape said as Y/N looked at him.

"Yeah, this is hypothetical though, I mean she's way out of my league." Y/N said as Snape gave a comforting smile.

"Well, everybody loves an underdog story."

"Is that a joke, Professor?" Y/N asked as Snape chuckled.

"Make of that what you will." Snape said as he said the password that caused the statue to rise, both he and Y/N stepped onto the rising staircase.

As they stepped into the headmasters office, Y/N saw Dumbledore looking at a small plaque.

"Mr Malfoy, I hope I didn't interrupt you getting some sleep."

"No sir. You didn't." Y/N said as he stood calmly.

"Good. I wanted to personally thank you for what you did tonight, it was very brave of you, dangerous, but brave. You risked your life to save another student regardless of their house."

"Just doing my civic duty sir." Y/N said humbly as Dumbledore smile.

"I've also heard that you stood up against your own cousin when he was trying to steal or pick on Mr Longbottom?"

"Well, sort of, it was mostly Harry Potter that done all of that."

"I am well aware of Mr Potters feats, that does not negate your own. You have displayed on multiple occasions that you're willing to risk your own safety and your own reputation in order to protect the innocent. And that you're willing to enforce the rules of this school to that protect others. Therefore I have absolutely no shame in granting you a title and responsibility usually given to seventh years, you are now head boy." Dumbledore said as Y/N looked at him.

"Sir?" Y/N asked in shock. "Head boy or Head girl is reserved for only the best two students in seventh year, who have been a prefect and have a good record in terms of test results and behaviour."

"I am aware, however, you may be interested to know that exceptions have been made in the past, your father was one such case, though might I say, even he was never given the title this early on." Dumbledore said as Y/N looked at him. "Clearly this responsibility is like a family business for you."

"Sir with all due respect, I'm only a first year, I'm not suitable for this responsibility." Y/N said as Dumbledore looked at him.

"I believe otherwise, and in time, I think you may believe otherwise too. Off you go." Dumbledore said as he handed Y/N the Head Boy badge. Y/N Pinned the badge to his belt before looking to Snape who nodded. "I'll be sending a letter to Mr and Mrs Malfoy to let them know of your achievement. Congratulations Mr Malfoy."

"Thank you, Professor." Y/N said as he walked out of the office, and headed to the Slytherin Common room, he was stopped however by Snape.

"Mr Malfoy, as head boy you are given a private quarters should you wish to use it, with a common room and two dormitories for you and a friend of your choice. I thought you ought to know." Snape said as Y/N nodded.

"Something tells me this was your idea." Y/N said with a chuckle before walking away, Snape watched him leave and remembered back to his school days, when he was saved from a group of bullies one day by the head boy at the time...