Chapter 19- Don't Go

Start from the beginning

"Why is he so different from you?" I finally decide to ask. His gaze leaves the fire and focuses on me, "in what way?"

I hesitate for a moment before saying, "you hate me but he doesn't seem to". He moves his gaze back to the fire again and looks at it deep in thought as if thinking of what to say.

"What makes you say that?" His voice is low and almost gentle as if he's urging me to be completely honest with him.

"You always seem to not want me around you", I start "sometimes you insult me as well". His gaze doesn't leave the fire but I see his features soften. He looks deep in thought again before finally speaking up.

"It's hard to explain but" he turns to me and looks into my eyes. "Cassandra, I don't hate you". I would have said it was a lie if it didn't sound so sincere.

"Why do you act the way you do then?" I ask as I tilt my head in curiosity. "Like I said, it's hard to explain".

"Would I ever find out?" I ask. Even if I couldn't know now, I still wanted to know and I was more than willing to wait. "You will", he says after a bit of hesitation.

I have this feeling that Jason isn't a bad person. Sure he's said some things but he also offered me protection and promised to help me find my brothers and I believe with everything in me that he would keep to his word.

The day I escaped from the manor was that day I heard the news that my brothers were getting executed. Since then, I've found out that they were giving more time to give information. Hopefully, Jason can find them before they actually get hurt.

The backyard of the pack house starts to clear out as the pack members head back home. Jason, Preston and Natalie are seeing them off while me, Anna, Drake, Caroline and a few other pack members begin cleaning up.

They keep sending me questioning looks and murmuring to themselves but I choose to ignore them. Sure I can choose to listen into what they are saying since I have advanced hearing and all but I just really don't care. I can tell that these particular pack members live in the pack house since I've seen some of them before. I don't usually bump into many wolves in the pack house though because I usually leave my room after many of them have left to attend to their daily businesses.

Soon enough we were done cleaning up and the others wish me good night as they headed back inside. I stayed outside not because I wasn't tired but because I was too scared to go to bed. I didn't want to have another nightmare and the only way to avoid that is not sleeping.

I sit on on the grass before laying down and looking up at the starry sky. The cold wind hit my face and I relaxed. It was better to be out here in the cold than than in there having internal struggles.

My view of the stars was suddenly blocked by a certain alpha who was staring down at me. "Aren't you going to bed?" He asked. "Not yet".

I was surprised when he laid down beside me and his gaze shifted to the sky as well. "I'll tell Anna about it tomorrow".

"Okay", I say softly as I still keep my gaze on the stars. "The blood moon will be here soon", I turn my head to face him and take in his worried features as he seemed to stare at the moon.

"Is that a bad thing?" I ask. "For me, yes" I wait for a moment to see if he'll give me an explanation and surprisingly he does.

"When I was made alpha, my inauguration was on the night of the blood moon. It turns out becoming alpha on the night of the blood moon means being bound to it".

"What does being bound to the blood moon entail?", my curiosity was getting the best of me and I just had to know. "Whenever the blood moon rises, I change forms".